Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TEVES 20 ABS system parts list?

It's not something that is easy to give a how to as you just kind of have to work out your wiring routing as you go. I was also fitting climate control at the time so that adjusts things. It didn't help that I didn't take any pictures either!

Basically to remove the old system, find the ecu and follow the wiring from there. Going from the ecu, you go forward and up behind where the heater ducting is and remove the wiring from in the bay through that grommet.

You then need to remove the 2 front seats and all the handbrake plastics and lift the carpet up to remove the interior abs wiring. It goes from the old ecu location, along the sill as far as being level with the handbrake where it splits in 2. One part goes backwards under the trim, up the inside of the rear seat trim and under the rear seats where the old system has a plug break for the sensors.
    The other part of the loom is the power loom, this goes under the left seat, up under the front of the handbrake where I think it split in 2 (can't quite remember!) for a feed to go off to the diagnostic block behind the centre console and the rest of the loom drops down under the right seat, goes across to the sill and then follows forward to go behind the kick panel trim and into the fuse box.

When it came to fitting the new wiring, I went through the same original grommet and then feed the interior power part of the loom along the bulkhead, teeing off to the diagnostic block and going to the fuse box. The rear sensor lines traced along the left hand sill, under the trim and under the rear seats like the original system.

Excellent and very thorough, thanks for taking the time mate! When you get your pics together, stick it in the wiki as this is brilliant!
    95 Classic Green VR6 - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982

EnthusiastOwned, thanks for taking the time to write this up. Very useful and informative.

No problem.. I will get around to doing a basic guide and I'll include photo's.. Just finding time. I spent around 1.5 hours writing that guide!

For pipework from the abs pump

Where pipes

1 - Front Right (10mm x 3/16 union)
    2 - Rear Left (12mm x 3/16 union)
    3 - Rear Right (10mm x 3/16 union)
    4 - Front Left (12mm x 3/16 union)

Feed B is for the Front Right/Rear Left circuit and Feed A is for the Rear Right and front Left Circuit (both ends of each feed pipe are 12mm x 3/16 unions)

Yep, that's the same image I used for mine.

I think between myself and Sean_jaymo we'll get a good guide going. Just need to get my photos done. PurpleTom needs a mention too!

It was Tom that put me onto this to start with so I agree, Kudos to the Diesel Rado Man himself!

It all sounds a bit complicated and over whelming, but if you can make brake lines without wanting to break out into tears and are comfortable pulling out the fusebox, then you can do this without too much hassle. Once you have the wiring laid out in front of you, it's actually a fairly simple system that is completely standalone from other electrical systems unlike in later Teves 60 systems.

Bit of copper pipe and a flaring tool, can't be too hard!

With this wiring info and description of what's what, I'm sure more will carry out this conversion now. I may even be buying a late Golf VR to break next w.end instead of stripping an unknown one from the breakers yard now...........
    95 Classic Green VR6 - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982

Quote Originally Posted by seanl82 View Post
    Bit of copper pipe and a flaring tool, can't be too hard!

Some people are easily scared or just lack the know how! I'd use Kunifer pipe myself though

Regular
    How did you get on with this SeanL?
    Cheers, Tony.