Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Branch stainless manifolds

6 Branch stainless manifolds

Anyone using one of these manifolds? http://bit.ly/16gTVEl £130 seems very, very cheap and I know the rule is usually you get what you pay for but it does look good in the pics...

Enthusiast
    It looks well made , but I'm pretty sure top company's put a fair bit of research into the way they flow so that might be it's down fall . Never know though could be a bargin

I've got one of these had it ceramic coated before fitting and IMHO;

Good points;
    Midrange and top end improved,
    Better throttle response,
    Cheap,
    Looks good.

Bad points
    Cat pipe needed modifying to allow room for the two bolts from the manifold,
    Needed heat resistant silicone to seal the flange properly,
    Doesn't allow fitness of original heat shield (although I think the design could have changed),
    Reduces the VR6 warble sound.

I have one of these but also have a few pointers;
    make sure manifold to head plate is flat, i filed mine
    make sure manifold to head plate is spaced correctly, i welded a little 2mm plate in between the two sets of three
    check the joins for air tightness, i had to weld one up

i also cut the end off my old pipe and welded it to the end, to avoid having the nasty joint at the end.

so a fair bit of work went into mine before it worked well, but very pleased with the result!!

Nice one cheers chaps. So basically they're decent enough for the money but a pig to fit? I think I'll wait til I get back from Austria then. What are the head studs like - notorious for snapping or generally ok?

Studs are alright, the nuts a fag, real soft, make sure your on good and proper before turning them
    Aqua Blue '93 VR6

Car: VR6
    I have just bought a stainless 6 branch. Due to my advanced years I find it difficult to get under the car to check, is the lambda sensor located in the down pipe or in the cat housing? I spoke to the garage about fitting it and I was told that should it be the case that the sensor is in the down pipe and therefore should fit into the 6 branch which has no provision, the ECU can be programmed to enable the car to run without a lambda sensor. Does that make sense?

If i remember correctly the lambda is on the cat pipe and not on the manifold, the manifold may have 2 bungs nearer the top as well, These are for OBD-II so will need to be blanked off, unless your OBD-II of course!
    Aqua Blue '93 VR6

Thanks, OBD1 and blanked off after re-tapping threads to M12. Don't know what the original thread was but I went through all the usual suspects.

Just getting round to fitting the 6 branch. It came with the manifold gaskets but looking at the manifold to cat it seems to me that another gasket/s needed. If anyone has a diagram/photo of the way the join is achieved it would help a confused mind. Thanks