Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond Black Vr6

Diamond Black Vr6

Ok, i'm starting a build / gallery thread for this, my 3rd Corrado in 16 years. My last one, a Brilliant Black Vr , I sold on last summer as I thought (wrongly) that I was done with Corrado's but I soon realised I wanted another.
    Maybe I should seek medical help over this obsession ?!

So I spotted this as a private sale just before Christmas. 69k miles, one owner from new,always garaged, serviced annually (every 4k approx), black leather and completely standard & original except for the windscreen which was replaced with a top tinted one, with original Sony radio cassette & cassette holder and dealer window sticker & number plate plinth.
    First reaction when I viewed the car wasn't great because although the interior is excellent, the bodywork has received a fair few car park dints & the rear bumper creased, but after some thought I decided it was overall worth having and after some haggling got the price down a fair bit and did the deal.
    The 1.5 hour drive home was really enjoyable and really good on the standard suspension & wheels, with hardly any rattles or creaks from the interior.

So today I ran it down to the body shop to get a quote and a date for putting the paintwork right ( end of Feb ) and then got it back to my workshop to have a good look over it. I removed the wheels & gave the underside and wheel arches a really good jetwash to remove 20 years worth of mud & grime !
    Pleased to say that with the dirt gone it's all great, the only slight corrosion is on the rear beam but otherwise very good, original exhaust system in good shape, front crossmembers etc excellent and pleased to see it still has the horizontal splash guards fitted behind the front bumper corners. I have never seen these fitted before !

I have already started a shopping list and made a list of jobs to do in order of priority. I will probably be keeping the car standard as I think it deserves it.

First job is to start stripping for the bodyshop visit, sort out the sunroof ( which was working fine when I first viewed the car) but frustratingly broke yesterday !! and in time, discs and pads all round, sort a couple of minor oil leaks ( cam cover & oil cooler seals ) and a slight coolant leak ( thermostat area )
    That lot should keep me busy, I hope to get to a show or two by May ish

anyway it's good to be back !

Thanks for reading
    Daren.
    Last edited by Harrier; 1st April 2017 at 5:00 PM.

Not much point getting it waxed yet but a couple of pics anyway:

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Maybe I should seek medical help over this obsession ?!
    No No No. You are absolutely fine. Wait till you get to Corrado number 10 or above. This is the time yo should get some medical help

BTW. Welcome back.
    Green Storm - New project

Looks a cracker Daren! Never seen a picture of the corner plastics let alone seen them fitted! Look forward to catching up soon mate.
    95 Classic Green VR - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|BBS RX228s|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_Jaymo View Post
    And it still has the plastic under trays!
    Yep ! knew they existed but have never seen any before !

Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    No No No. You are absolutely fine. Wait till you get to Corrado number 10 or above. This is the time yo should get some medical help

BTW. Welcome back.
    Some way to go then ! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seanl82 View Post
    Looks a cracker Daren! Never seen a picture of the corner plastics let alone seen them fitted! Look forward to catching up soon mate.
    Thanks Sean, catch up sounds good. How much longer are you around ?

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Thanks Sean, catch up sounds good. How much longer are you around ?
    I'm off in April mate. I'll have to stop by before I go if its unlikely you'll be ready to take the car out before then.
    95 Classic Green VR - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|BBS RX228s|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_Jaymo View Post
    And it still has the plastic under trays!
    I'm not the only one that has them still on the car.
    Daily Drive 1995 BLACK VR6 Vee Reihenmotor. Headlight loom upgrade. Magnex Exhaust.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...hlight=Ray1965