Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Spal fan wiring and constant full speed dash switch

Enthusiast
    AHA!

this is what I was looking for! I was just searching this on google! where did you get the kit Jim?

I can't remember now, bought the fans from one place, the brackets from someone on here and the wiring i think came from vehicle wiring products
    Just like a golf................But better!!!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bowen View Post
    I can't remember now, bought the fans from one place, the brackets from someone on here and the wiring i think came from vehicle wiring products
    Ahh ok no worries... any chance you could list the fan specs?

Anyone remember who made the brackets?

I took photos of the part numbers, can see them in the pics, tbh i've run the car with just the bigger fan connected and it works fine.

I can't remember who i got the brackets from, but am sure i've made a cad drawing of them in case any wants to get some laser cut.
    Just like a golf................But better!!!

ChrisL had the brackets made through his work although not sure he would be prepared to do it again, you'll have to ask. Other than that any machine shop with a laser should be able to do it.

My fans are revotec from Burton power. Think they are all pretty much the same, just make sure you get correct push/pull direction. Not sure whether it matters as it's just a case of reversing polarity but just so you are aware.

Red 16v gone
    Red VR32.. WIP

Yet another project I've still not done! Which diodes are best to use here? These any good?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-SB510...edirect=mobile
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

Are you also getting three different speeds or a variation on how many fans come on?
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

Mine are wired up for flat out on all speeds, it's just my luck to mess with unnecessary resistors and end up setting my car on fire. Someone with a better knowledge will know better

Red 16v gone
    Red VR32.. WIP

By the way does anyone know the part number for an opposite connector from the fan control module that gets connected to the original fans? Its with male connections. The connector number from tje fcm is 1H0 973 304, dont know if thats of any help though. Thanks
    Hasan

my car

Its 7M0 973 334 (looks like http://audi.afora.ru/images/Tnrpics/7M0973334.jpg) and comes from VW Sharan's and I think ford galaxy's. I was told at the time I was looking for 1 they were on back order but that was years ago. I got mine from scrapyard, they are on single fan setups as below, I might even have a spare one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-SHARAN...wAAOSwA05czF0W

Red 16v gone
    Red VR32.. WIP