Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Spal fan wiring and constant full speed dash switch

Hasan
    Look what got delivered £20. The third photo is the fan part numbers that came with that plug on them the last phot are the numbers stamped on the plug. I messaged the guy to cut off the wires at the fan, and post that, he agreed but then sent me the whole thing anyway. It fits Perfectly. Now to find which one is which, number 3 speed is easy.
    4th one surely the last

Awesome to find the opposite connector to keep it OEM. Mine just arrived today.

I’m finally going to tackle this at the weekend. I’ll be wiring the first stage to one fan, 2nd stage will run both (with a diode so the first stage doesn’t run both) and 3rd stage will instead be wired to an OEM de-mister dash switch and will also run both fans.

Ive changed my connectors to the newer Mk5 ones. I'll post up some part numbers and pics once its all done. Unclean, like you i'll also be wiring one fan to speed one and both to speeds 2 & 3. Diodes have arrived today.
    Incidentally, these will be fitted to the lives so should they be towards the fan or away? Current flows from the negative to positive so I assume from the fan to the controller on the live wire?
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

My understanding is the diode goes on the positive side towards the fan like in my sketch if you want it to not power fan 2 on speed one. All earths are/can be connected in some way. I also found this while researching, but can’t confirm it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    4th one surely the last