Thread: obd2 emulator issue

obd2 emulator issue

I've fitted an emulator to the ecu. Normally the first start of the car is fine but the second and perhaps third the ecu gets blocked for a while ie it cranks for about 10 seconds before starting. I've scanned the ecu afterwards and it does show the 'ecu blocked by immobiliser' message. Emulator soldering etc seems fine. Does it need to be adapted or otherwise 'coded' to the ecu?
    Thanks
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

Hmmm. New issue with the emulator. Sometimes the ecu seems to ignore it and the engine dies after 1 second. Swopped another emulator but still the same. Checked the connectors and sprayed them all with wd40.
    Left the car for a day and tried it again. Started on the button. Would the ' engine blocked by immobiliser' error lead to this or should i be looking for something else?
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

Can't help with the errors, but what is the emulator supposed to achieve or what are the benefits?

93 Corrado VR6
    Members Gallery

The emulator bypasses the ecu immobiliser so you dont need the halo ring and control unit. So it's a direct connection to the ecu. Would also work on a CP obd1 ecu.
    Hasan

my car