Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement Fuel Pump - VR6, 2015 and onwards

Replacement Fuel Pump - VR6, 2015 and onwards

So VR has periodivally been making some rapid clicking noises over the past week or so on start up from cold.
    Relays seem all OK as well as battery and starter.
    Going to work and stalled this morning during rush hour, and then stuck, Turns out is the fuel pump.

TPS say no longer available (VDO / Pierburg) and Classic VW / Heritage say NLA either. So what are the options nowadays - anyone changed to an aftermarket fuel pump recently.

The part number seems to be 1H0919651Q.
    HAAS at £113, Bosch at £194 but does not sound like a correct fit from the description.

Please can anyone help with a correct make that might be suitable. I have nt heard of the HAAS part.

The following threads very useful in the replacement how tos but all make reference to part that are sadly now NLA.
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...cing+fuel+pump
    New Fuel Pump
    Fuel sender removal
    Replacing vr6 fuel pump

Thanks in advance.
    Corrado History: Present: Classic Green Storm - RH ZW1s 1995 | Past: Blackberry VR6 1994 | Black G60 1991 | CCGB 4094 - Storm Album

It's just getting harder and harder to keep these fecking things on the road

I got a walbro pump fitted at stealth. They could maybe quote you?
    95 Mystic Blue Storm - It's bound to cause disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mccorrymark View Post
    It's just getting harder and harder to keep these fecking things on the road
    Indeed it is...although after over 11 years trouble free motoring, bar the odd hiccup, I suppose I can't really grumble.

Quote Originally Posted by VAG-hag View Post
    I got a walbro pump fitted at stealth. They could maybe quote you?
    Thank you, will give me a call in the morning. Julian from VWHeritage also recommended them. Ta
    Corrado History: Present: Classic Green Storm - RH ZW1s 1995 | Past: Blackberry VR6 1994 | Black G60 1991 | CCGB 4094 - Storm Album

Check ebay type in the part number.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_vr6 View Post
    Check ebay type in the part number.
    Thanks - The part number quoted in the OP was the number given by TPS. The actual part number on the pump top, underneath the cover which is held on by 3 screws, is 535 919 051D. It also has 228 225 moulded into it.
    I have not actually removed the part as yet so cannot compare with the images.
    The 1H0 919 651Q numbers does give some options, but its those compatability tables that seem to give confusing and conflicting answers. The VDO original however looks good - thank you.

No worries i got mine through vw when mine went only to find there was one on ebay 70 quid cheaper.

Did you get anywhere with this? Considering buying the Bosch pump from Eurocarparts as its easter sale, so about £120.

Have not removed mine to look, but thinking if i order the bosch and it doesn't fit i can always get a refund
    Just like a golf................But better!!!

Hi bringing this thread back alive guys.

Part Number 1H091651Q

Will this Bosch fuel pump fit a N reg corrado VR6 as it says it is compatible on the table and four bar. Just been reading a few threads off here and a bit confusing.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-FEL...wAAOSwEBxZbSRq

We are hoping the fuel pump housing and attachments are still ok and just changing the pump. The Bosch pump seems a good price.

After my car has had all the work done its driving like a dream but unfortunately after doing all the exhaust and manifold gaskets, mas sensor,catalytic and 02 sensor (which were leaking or on the way out anyway) after deleting fault codes have reappeared on my V Gate displaying 00561 sporadic mixture adaption exceeded limit which has also triggered fault code 00537 sporadic O2 sensor regulation.

There is no hesitstion or jultness in the engine what so ever and noticeable air leeks.

This leaves us to think injectors which have never been changed or refurbished and there is no history of a new fuel pump. I do plan on going on long trips this year in the Rado so wont begrudge changing these parts.

I take it sporadic means intermittent, basically meaning not so serious but on the way out and will get worse?

Cheers.
    Last edited by Keyo; 4 Weeks Ago at 9:19 PM.

It's just a pump, so many different fuel pumps will work, they don't have to be Corrado specific. The issue tends to be the fuel level sender more than the pump since fitment can be an issue. As long as the pump housing fits in the bayonet (mine even floated in the tank for months), and can house the sender, it should work just fine. You can even just buy the pump itself and keep the original housing and so on. If yours is working, and not making noise, I'd leave it alone. However, if you do change it out you may want to have fuel hose from the top hat to the pump on hand, as those tend to fail over time. Often enough they get replaced with regular fuel hose, not designed to be submerged, and turn into a black messy goo.