Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Replacement Fuel Pump - VR6, 2015 and onwards

CF Nutter
    There is very little which can fail on the swirl pot. It’s usually the inner pump which fails. The problem is that it usually comes supplied as a complete unit. How wasteful!!
    CCGB 2278
    Past VW Drives: 86 Golf CL, 90 Golf GTI, 90 Corrado 16v, 90 Golf GTI, 96 Golf GTI, 94 Storm Grey Corrado VR, Polo 1.4 CL, 88 Jetta GTI, 90 Golf GTI , 2003 Fabia vRs, 00 Polo GTI
    Current Drives: 94 Aqua Blue VR 89 Golf Mk2 GTI
    07 Fabia VRS Special Edition, Octavia VRS Estate, Kawasaki ZZR 600.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by VR6 South View Post
    There is very little which can fail on the swirl pot. It’s usually the inner pump which fails. The problem is that it usually comes supplied as a complete unit. How wasteful!!
    Mines the early style pump, the internal rubber mounts dissolved and the pump would move around allowing the swirl pot to drain making the car lose power on left hand bends and especially roundabouts. When you're paying garages to fit parts fitting the complete unit would be cheaper than stripping and rebuilding the swirl pot. non genuine pumps wont necessarily fit standard swirl pot either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dox View Post
    Mines the early style pump, the internal rubber mounts dissolved and the pump would move around allowing the swirl pot to drain making the car lose power on left hand bends and especially roundabouts. When you're paying garages to fit parts fitting the complete unit would be cheaper than stripping and rebuilding the swirl pot. non genuine pumps wont necessarily fit standard swirl pot either.
    Exactly this that's why I went for a VDO pump and sender, not cheap but should last a hell of long time.

CF Nutter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dox View Post
    I had the same issue with an early pump, all the seals turned to goo and gunked up the fuel tank. I don’t think the rubber components of the early pumps were ever available.
    CCGB 2278
    Past VW Drives: 86 Golf CL, 90 Golf GTI, 90 Corrado 16v, 90 Golf GTI, 96 Golf GTI, 94 Storm Grey Corrado VR, Polo 1.4 CL, 88 Jetta GTI, 90 Golf GTI , 2003 Fabia vRs, 00 Polo GTI

I thought this could be my problem, but I’m sure I’ve got a late pump. Oh well I will have to dig it out on Sunday and have a look . I do have problems with turning and losing power though .

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

I know this thread is mainly for late the VR6, but If other people with an older Corrado including G60 16V and the early VR6 are thinking of changing the complete fuel pump assembly with sender, Remember that the early Corrado has a 12 gallon tank and the later ones have a 15 gallon tank, So a potential problem here is if you’re thinking of getting a swirl pot, sender and pump together do check if the sender is for your relevant tank capacity, otherwise you will get incorrect fuel gauge readings.

Just thought I'd put up I have a brand new late vr6 pump for sale 4 bar on my for sale thread.

CF Nutter
    I have just fitted the Johns pump, swapping the VDO fuel sender and fuel tank lid. It is a perfect fit and works exactly how it should. The second Pierburg Pump which was fitted second hand last year was showing signs of the rubber seals going into melt down. I guess it’s just a case of time before all original Pierburg pumps go that way.
    For £40 delivered I would highly recommend the Johns pump which comes with a 2 year warranty.
    CCGB 2278

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_vr6 View Post
    Just thought I'd put up I have a brand new late vr6 pump for sale 4 bar on my for sale thread.
    How much did you want for it Jon ?

92 VR6 . DBP. She will never be a show car ..... But will be up there with the best of em .

The bmw seems invincible in isolation . But along side the corrado - a modern classic , we think- it has its work cut out . Autocar 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by robrado974 View Post
    How much did you want for it Jon ?
    In my parts for sale mate