Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kinetic Underwriting classic - anyone used?

Changes depend on the insurer, AF are just the brokers I think. Again depends on insurer as to ncd. Some will accrue by mirroring your daily use vehicle, some will start from zero, some won't do it at all. Like all things insurance, it's an absolute lottery so check the small print.
    95 Classic Green VR6 - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by MZpog View Post
    One of my mates suggested they wanted about £50 to change something on his policy. May have been to put on some private plates. I insured my old MGB with them and had no issues.

The NCD didn't used to be offered for Classic, maybe things have changed.
    unfortunately i believe all insurers apply 'admin' costs to any policy changes mid-term

as do lots of other companies & as we all know an 'admin' charge is usually just a way of them making a bit extra
    Bramber metallic VR6 bring on the grins as the VR sings!!!!
    Stealth head rebuild, 263's, BMC CDA, Roose M/Sport hoses, VT engine mount, KW V1s
    KUR2Y loom, daves16v short shifter, 2.5" Longlife SS exhaust with sport cat, lots of shiny bolts & 210bhp
    Alpine White 1.8 16v, Kamei skirts, Powerflow SS exhaust, back on my drive April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by martinb View Post
    We also use Kinetic at HIC - from memory I think their Classic policy will accept up to 10k miles (obviously costs more the higher you have it), must Classic policies will only allow around 7.4k.

Hope that helps

Good price. The broker provides some added comfort, but as always read the small print...
    [ WARNING: the above message may contain irony, sarcasm and outright lies. ]

** Every time you think about sex, another Corrado gets written off. **

Flux told me that NCD is definitely still accrued.

Think I better get them to send me the policy booklet. I've never considered or been offered classic insurance before because I thought most of them require the car to be garaged or to be a second car. My VR is still my daily and haven't got a garage. The guy from Flux suggested this broker calls anything more than 20 years old a classic.