Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Culshaw's VR6

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    This is how it sits now

16v Moonlight Blue
    1994 VR6 Green Pearl

After fitting my kit I had a 2 finger gap at the rear arch and a 3 finger gap at the front, is yours the same?
    After 1000 miles and a bit of settling the rear is noticeably lower than the front and much firmer too. I got onto my supplier who reported the issue to Bilstein,I filled out a detailed checklist supplied by them and they're response was 'there is a known issue with some cars of that model which require a different rear spring'. Sounds a bit like bull* to me but we'll see. I'm waiting for a replacement set to arrive.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by Will.I.Dub View Post
    After fitting my kit I had a 2 finger gap at the rear arch and a 3 finger gap at the front, is yours the same?
    After 1000 miles and a bit of settling the rear is noticeably lower than the front and much firmer too. I got onto my supplier who reported the issue to Bilstein,I filled out a detailed checklist supplied by them and they're response was 'there is a known issue with some cars of that model which require a different rear spring'. Sounds a bit like bull* to me but we'll see. I'm waiting for a replacement set to arrive.
    Not quite mine sits about 5 fingers between front axle, and about 3 at the back. I hope it stays as it is, or myabe 5mm difference I'm getting 0 rub, scrapes or anything which is a stark contrast to before.

16v Moonlight Blue
    1994 VR6 Green Pearl

No its true. A few have had issues. If you look on seanjaymos old members gallery, he and the new owner have posted about the whole process, and the end result with the new vs old springs side by side.
    95 Classic Green VR6 - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Culshaw your cars looking nice mate. I like to see pictures of a classic green in standard, as that's where mine is trying to get.
    Good luck with the suspension

Cress
    95 VR6
    One day she will drive out of my Garage

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by Cressa View Post
    Culshaw your cars looking nice mate. I like to see pictures of a classic green in standard, as that's where mine is trying to get.
    Good luck with the suspension

Thanks mate, the only mod I'm going to make is put some brembo's on the front, and therefore bigger wheels. The stock brakes really are pony. Got some BBS RC's so it won't look too modified.

Plus it needs a wash, I haven't washed it since i bought it!
    Last edited by culshaw; 24th June 2016 at 7:46 AM.

16v Moonlight Blue
    1994 VR6 Green Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by seanl82 View Post
    No its true. A few have had issues. If you look on seanjaymos old members gallery, he and the new owner have posted about the whole process, and the end result with the new vs old springs side by side.
    Thanks, I'm on it

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Took delivery of some BBS RC324's today. Will get them on a little later in the year when money is a bit more shored up. There's 215/40/17's on them and I'm unsure if they will rub.
    Last edited by culshaw; 27th June 2016 at 2:02 PM.

16v Moonlight Blue
    1994 VR6 Green Pearl

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆

16v Moonlight Blue
    1994 VR6 Green Pearl

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Cool cool