Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bilstein B12 kit question

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    I had the same issue with the rear springs as others, and got sorted very quickly and easily by Larkspeed who I bought the kit from. The difference in height is noticeable and the car sits just right now. Obviously can't comment on Eibach other than they must have dealt wth Larkspeed with no problems.
    Tim.

Enthusiast
    Hmmm was considering an Eibach setup on Konis - got me thinking now...

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    I can't have anyone in the back of mine, that being said I've now put 17"s on and they don't rub unless you hit speedbumps. I'd be much happier with a bit higher at the back but not sure what I can get off the shelf which would accommodate the bigger wheels unless I go back to standard.

16v Moonlight Blue
    1994 VR6 Green Pearl

Just heads up. After waiting nearly 4 month for my B12 kit to arrive via Demon Tweeks, I've popped the box open and they have sent the wrong springs... absolutely fuming. The box looks like it has been kicked around Bilstiens warehouse for the last couple of years. Not what you would expect.

On the phone tomorrow to DT. Hopefully it will be resolved quickly.

Sorry to hear that. When I had the same issue DT customer service was excellent. Bilstein on the other hand we're atrocious, and Eibach sent the correct springs directly to me in the end. Bilstein know of the issue but it seems even after 3 years (since I raised it) and probably a couple more before me as they were aware, they still haven't sorted it out and obviously just hope that people don't know about it.
    95 Classic Green VR - Jetex Cat Back|BMC CDA|VT mounts|Bilstein B12s|288mm front brakes|Mk4 Rears|Braided hoses|BBS RX228s|Daves16v shortshifter|Lupo wipers|Uprated headlight loom|
    http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=79984
    CCGB #3982

I'm surprised this is still a problem! I still don't trust eibach or bilstein based on my experiences of their customer service skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_Jaymo View Post
    I'm surprised this is still a problem! I still don't trust eibach or bilstein based on my experiences of their customer service skills.
    According to Bilstein there is no problem. 3 recorded complaints in the last two year is not enough to make it an issue.

Demon Tweeks sorted the replacements very quickly. Can't fault them really on the handling if my complaint.