Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My ice grey vr6 track/fast road build

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    And the bearing I need is number 37 I this diagram. Part number is 02A 311 375

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    You mean the end sleeve?
    If yes i have a few mate.
    Send me your email and i'll get you a couple of photos, that way we can be both sure it's the right component.
    Cheers-Andrew

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Hello again it's been a while but I have made decentish progress. The gearbox is now completly finished after a bit of nightmare but thanks to the corrado community and some advice from Vince at stealth it's done. If ended up swapping to the newer corrado 1st and 2nd gear and selector because there the only ones that the synchros are still available for so now every synchro and every bearing has been replaced and all preloads set by myself and all gears superfinished with the high ratio final drive, LSD and the 02J shift tower conversion and the end results looks better than I even hoped so I well happy there.

The body is now ready to go for the respray so that will happen in the next couple weeks. Alot of work had to be done on the rust around the windscreen which was a massive headache but now it's all done and all other rust on the car has now been sorted and primered including the engine bay which I havnt really smoothed at all if just cut the battery bracket off because that will go inside the car. I now also have the bonnet, boot, front and rear bumper and passenger side wing ready for paint and I'm just waiting on the driver side wing to arrive and then it's just the engine to build and then job done
    Iv also bought a set of Azev A's along the way which was a bit of an impulse buy

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Here's some of the work done around the windscreen which was by far the rustiest part on the car

Last edited by kennyvr671; 17th May 2018 at 5:32 AM.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    And here's my sand blasted and painted crash bars and slam panel and the azevs

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Hello there people. Ask my worry this project hasn't died 😂 I've actually been flat out working on it spending most nights in the unit and I'm hoping it will be on the road by the start of next summer . But yeah so basically it's had it's full respray!! And it looks absolutely amazing if do say so . I helped the body work out every day it was there sanding down and doing the bits you can't get wrong 🙈 but yeah all sprayed and back in the unit and since then Iv been busy building it back up. Iv completly retrimmed the headlining in faux Swade and coloured everything to follow black apart from the healingin sunroof trim sale thing which im not sure on how to colour and the sunroof controls which again I'm not sure on how to colour. Most of the interior us back in just waiting on seals and bits to finish it off. And if started rewrapping all of the wiring loom and routing it ready to have the engine in. I'll try and keep the updates more regular now that there's actually stuff happening. And I look forward to seeing any of you guys at the shows next year

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    I'll get some pictures up as soon as I can. I'm really struggling to get my phone to upload them at the moment. And the tapatalk app has completely stopped working on me

nice work fella looks like its going great keep posting your progress dude

Massively jealous of the azevs mate, had a set on my valver and loved them
    Ben Wood
    CCGB #3443
    1993 Black VW Corrado 2.9 VR6

Previous:
    1994 Aqua Blue VW Corrado 2.0i 16v
    1995 Sherry Pearl VW Corrado 2.0 8v

Quote Originally Posted by ben_wooduk View Post
    Massively jealous of the azevs mate, had a set on my valver and loved them
    Had a set on my G40 back in the 90's, still got 'em in the loft. They will reappear one day, if ever I get time to restart my Derby project.
    '95 Classic Green VR6 Storm
    '94 Moonlight Blue VR6 (engine and colour change imminent)