Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My ice grey vr6 track/fast road build

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆

My ice grey vr6 track/fast road build

Okay so iv actually got quite a way into this build but I thought I'd start a thread now while Iv still got a bit to do bassically iv got a ice grey vr it's done around 183,000 miles and was getting a bit tatty and worn out so I decided to take it off the road and rebuild it and it's kind of got out of hand now 😂 the engine has been completely stripped down and will be refurbished then built back up with high comp pistons shrick cams and some other goodies iv also done a complete obd2 swap and got a nice mint condition shrick manifold for it, also everything underneath the car has been removed and will be sand blasted seem welded and powder coated along with poly bush everything also eibach arb's and strut braces, iv got some audi calipers and 320mm brakes too to fit which will do for now but I'll be looking for some 4 pots or something in the future, the gearbox will also be refurbished and rebuilt with the lsd and high ratio final drive I bought fitted in it too, the paintwork is also being sorted although not a full respray but mainly just sorting out rust and the worst bits as it wasn't too bad anyway, as much of the sound proofing as I can take out has been removed but I'm keeping the carpets and the rest of the interior for now. I'm doing all the work myself (well as much as possible anyway) so any help or advice is greatly appreciated as iv not really done anything like this before and this is my first corrado let alone vr6 although I have done quite a bit of work on cars in the past so im not a newbie im also fixing the countless broken or completely rusted things along the way which seems to getting more and more as I go 😂 the plans keep getting more and more track spec as I go but I do want it to be road legal by the end atleast for a while. Here's some picture of the build so far iv pretty much got everything I need to be sand blasted of and ready to go so that will be the next job then when that all back it'll go off to et the body work sorted

1994 ice grey vr6 / money pit

That engine bay looks superbly clean Keep the updates coming
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Haha cheers yeah it took a lot of elbow grease pretty much just need the battery tray respraying and the rest is pretty mint

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Last night's job, rear beam off and stripped down ready for sand blasting next week

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Been pretty busy the last couple days sourcing stuff for the build and removing stuff. I ended up ting the fuel tank off to get stainless straps but I got a bit carried away and ended up striping the fuel pump and cleaning it all too. the gearbox iv stripped down was a damaged one I'd bought for the LSD and 3.9 final drive in it which iv cleaned up and got ready to put in once iv stripped down the other gearbox and had the casings aqua blasted. Lots more work left to do 😂 iv also been in talk with a guy about getting some ITB's. What's people's opinions on this?

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    So then another update after a while again. I need to make these a little bit more regular but it's hard to find the time between fixing all the problems with it and working 😂😅

Bassically the head, both gearbox casing and the engine block have come back from aqua blasting and they look absolutely amazing!! iv lacquered the aluminium casings and used engine enamel to paint the engine block which I think turned out pretty awsome too 😎

Oh and also I made a bargain of a purchase on some brand new 268 shrick cams so they're all ready to be fitted

And then that's pretty much it for now with the engine until I get all the machine work done anyway. So I'm putting all my effort into the chassis and suspension for now which iv sandblasted pretty much everything and hammerited everything apart from a few bits and bobs which I'll get done in the next couple of weeks. Also ordered the poly bush kit and new wheel bearing and speed sensors and other bits and bobs so it can all be built and taken to the body shop for paint 😀

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Hello again, it's been so long since iv updated on here 😅 so bassically iv got quite alot done although some parts of it were a nightmare and iv been a bit low on fund's but so far so good in terms of making slow and steady progress.

So as you can see from the pictures all of the suspension and running gear is now on with all new poly bushes through out as well as all new wheel bearings and drop links and just about everything I can get hold of also a new brake pressure load regulator because my old one was completely seized, the second hand genuine steering rack I bought has been fully refurbished and looped so now no power steering and the subframe has been seam welded too. Iv also ground off any rust I can find underneath and touched up the underseal pretty much everywhere and was very happily surprised to see that there wasn't actually that much rust for the age ad the fact it's a corrado. Only on 8 small patches iv had to cut out and weld a new bit in, the worst being underneath filler cap like at the top of the rear arch. But pretty much everything has been welded in apart from 3 patches which should be done in the next couple of weeks then as soon as that's finished it will be going to the body shop for paint while I build the gearbox and engine

That box looks mega nice

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Cheers mate, I'm really happy with how it's looking so far, just wish it was done already 😂

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    That's all looking awesome so far

Pro
    1994 Corrado VR6
    2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG
    www.totalfishkeeping.com