Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My ice grey vr6 track/fast road build

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    So getting it finished last year just didn't happen, but its very close now and should be starting the engine very soon, the engine is built and in the car and its wired up and pretty much done just a few little bits left like the fuel lines and drive shafts and stuff but i am so chuffed with how its come together it looks even better than i could of hoped!! it will defiantly be out this year and very soon if all goes to plan. posting pics up is alot harder now tapatalk and completly died but i will get some up soon.

Enthusiast
    Look forward to the pics mate

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Just read your whole thread, fantastic work mate, way to go! Curious to see the end result as well! Cheers

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    is there an easy way to upload pics onto here by any chance because i'm really struggling to make it work since tapatalk has gone down

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    and thank you, its taken a lot of hard work and so sooo many hours but iv'e learnt a lot along the process doing as much of it myself as possible, just cant wait for the first drive

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    After a lot of messing around i think I've figured it out, so here's some pictures this is the shell prep and then just after we took the masking off
    Attached Files Attached Files

Great work here !

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    and then this is the engine bay being built up ready for the engine, i bought some copper/nickel brake pipe and the tools and made all the brake lines myself, its actually very satisfying. and the re-wrapping all the wiring harness with Tesa loom tape and shortening and lengthening bits to route it where i want it to go. and then i recovered the headlining and sunroof with faux suede so its all black, managed to source a black sunroof controls and Porsche black sunvisor clips but i just painted the sunvisors, then the interior could start to fitted starting with the dash.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    now for the most expensive part wossner high comp 3.0L pistons and PEC h Beam rods a big Valve kit from america with high flow valves and titanium retainers and HD valve Springs, then all port and polished and everything balanced, fluid ampr pulley and a Helix Clutch. alot of help from vince at stealth with sourcing bearings and shells and bolts for me and then the engine had literally just been fitted in the engine bay when i took the last picture

what a great thread and some astounding work going on there!
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams, Schrick

my car