Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Blackberry 20vt

Enthusiast
    That sounds about right. I want to change the rear hubs to the Polo version to ditch the taper bearings so could have a look then

Quote Originally Posted by rado20vT View Post
    Did you look at any axle relocation to center the rear wheels rather than rolling the arches ?
    That's a good idea - we were looking at getting some made a few years ago but were unable to get some accurate drawings. I've just seen a set on ebay for about £110 which seems a bit high for what is essentially some plate and high tensile bolts.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Offet-Plate...%257Ciid%253A2

But they're the only options available right now. Great Plates in the US did them previously.
    Last edited by fla; 2 Weeks Ago at 9:15 PM.
    Hasan
    VR6 Auto to manual conversion, beige leather, aircon, TT comps, blue dash lights & switches, Koni TA/Nothelle springs, OBD2, 264 cams

my car

In my garage, somewhere near the top of Suffolk
    Quote Originally Posted by fla View Post
    That's a good idea - we were looking at getting some made a few years ago but were unable to get some accurate drawings. I've just seen a set on ebay for about £110 which seems a bit high for what is essentially some plate and high tensile bolts.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Offet-Plate...%257Ciid%253A2

But they're the only options available right now. Great Plates in the US did them previously.

There were these that lower aswell but they seem to have sold out

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40mm-Drop.../172951137473?
    Graham
    Current: was Red 16V Now Black 20v - G583 PMR, 20v Turbo, Leather, 17" BBS, 305mm/Brembo;s
    Previous Rado's: Blue 16V - G965 SGL, now dead & Black G60 - J389 CUC, regrettably sold

Enthusiast
    I've had the car back for a couple of days. Was rollered at 262 bhp on very honest rollers at 16 psi of boost and 26 degrees of timing. The engine and turbo has a lot more to give but was all tuned conservatively due to the injectors not supplying enough fuel and possibly at least one of them having a poor spray pattern which I need to get tested. The clutch is nowhere near as aggressive as I thought it would be. So the main objective of getting the car running well is complete and now showing up other areas that need improving. The car feels great to drive well and is fairly nippy but could easily handle more power through the drivetrain and chassis. I'm still aiming for 300 bhp after bigger injectors which should be rapid and make better use of the long ratios on the diesel gearbox that is fitted
    Last edited by odub; 5 Days Ago at 9:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by odub View Post
    I've had the car back for a couple of days. Was rollered at 262 bhp on very honest rollers at 16 psi of boost and 26 degrees of timing. The engine and turbo has a lot more to give but was all tuned conservatively due to the injectors not supplying enough fuel and possibly at least one of them having a poor spray pattern which I need to get tested. The clutch is nowhere near as aggressive as I thought it would be. So the main objective of getting the car running well is complete and now showing up other areas that need improving. The car feels great to drive well and is fairly nippy but could easily handle more power through the drivetrain and chassis. I'm still aiming for 300 bhp after bigger injectors which should be rapid and make better use of the long ratios on the diesel gearbox that is fitted
    Awesome oli i saw it on east coast retros earlier.
    Why the change to standalone?

G60-1991-Alpine White-JMR Stage 4 charger-JMR Big Valve Head-Schrick 268/276 Cam-forged 83mm pistons-forged conrods-lightened and balanced bottom end-Wagner I.C-Oil cooler-Smoothed bay
    link to build thread http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...TE-G60-UPDATED

Enthusiast
    Thanks Stu. I was getting a bit tired of the limitations of the agu ecu and lack of tuners wanting to touch it. That and the possibility of a change of turbo and other mods in the future that would just be easier to run off a stand alone ecu like the Emerald. I've also got the advantage of having switchable maps which is nice. Currently have a low boost, actuator pressure map at 175 bhp which is silky smooth and good on fuel, a full power 262 bhp map and another full power map but with pops and bangs for when I'm going to the in-laws.

Nice one Oli,

Glad you explained the reason for the low power, they looked quite proud of 260 on facebook and I was thinking it was a little low for a K04 let alone a K04 on a modified engine
    Graham
    Current: was Red 16V Now Black 20v - G583 PMR, 20v Turbo, Leather, 17" BBS, 305mm/Brembo;s
    Previous Rado's: Blue 16V - G965 SGL, now dead & Black G60 - J389 CUC, regrettably sold

Enthusiast
    I know what you mean but I trust the guys and their work. It was making more power but was wound back to protect the engine. I'm of a mind to get these injectors tested and run them for now and look along the lines of a K04 hybrid at the same time as larger injectors, then back for mapping. There's still work to do to the rest of the car and I should probably stop the spending for now
    Last edited by odub; 4 Days Ago at 4:12 PM.

Not so long ago you could buy new injectors for a vxr from vauxhall for quite cheap money, they are supposed to be a good upgrade and direct fit
    Graham

what cc injectors will you be upgrading to then?
    G60-1991-Alpine White-JMR Stage 4 charger-JMR Big Valve Head-Schrick 268/276 Cam-forged 83mm pistons-forged conrods-lightened and balanced bottom end-Wagner I.C-Oil cooler-Smoothed bay
    link to build thread http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...TE-G60-UPDATED