Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bought a car today

I looked at PCP, but the numbers didn't seem to add up, would cost quite a bit more for me. Basically about £11k to have the car 3yrs, do 45,000miles and then walk away with nothing or give them another £5k at the end.
    Just like a golf................But better!!!

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bowen View Post
    I looked at PCP, but the numbers didn't seem to add up, would cost quite a bit more for me. Basically about £11k to have the car 3yrs, do 45,000miles and then walk away with nothing or give them another £5k at the end.
    whoa!!! that is some outlay - £3666 per year or £305 per month

reaffirms why i dont look at new cars as i would never afford that lol
    Bramber metallic VR6 bring on the grins as the VR sings!!!!
    Stealth head rebuild, 263's, BMC CDA, Roose M/Sport hoses, VT engine mount, KW V1s
    KUR2Y loom, daves16v short shifter, 2.5" Longlife SS exhaust with sport cat, lots of shiny bolts & 210bhp
    Alpine White 1.8 16v, Kamei skirts, Powerflow SS exhaust, back on my drive April 2014

Administrator
    Costing me a good amount less than that for the ST, weirdly.

To be honest I would have said the same 3 years ago, and maybe after I'm done with this car I'll go back to driving a snotter again... but I was just desperate for a reliable, comfortable, modern car. Haven't regretted spending the money one bit. It's been nice to have a car I can depend on, backed by a warranty rather than this feeling of dread every time you're faced with any drive longer than a trip to the shops

Rushing to get the Corrado fixed, over a weekend in the middle of winter, because I need the car the following week just got.. old.

2001 BMW E39 530d SE Touring (Black) | 1999 BMW E39 523i SE (with Sport Pack) Saloon (Black) | Ex-Corrado Owner

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Costing me a good amount less than that for the ST, weirdly.

To be honest I would have said the same 3 years ago, and maybe after I'm done with this car I'll go back to driving a snotter again... but I was just desperate for a reliable, comfortable, modern car. Haven't regretted spending the money one bit. It's been nice to have a car I can depend on, backed by a warranty rather than this feeling of dread every time you're faced with any drive longer than a trip to the shops

Rushing to get the Corrado fixed, over a weekend in the middle of winter, because I need the car the following week just got.. old.
    very understandable sentiment Jim & sensible too

i just simply wouldnt be able to outlay anything like that - it is not far off what my mortgage repayment is lol
    Bramber metallic VR6 bring on the grins as the VR sings!!!!
    Stealth head rebuild, 263's, BMC CDA, Roose M/Sport hoses, VT engine mount, KW V1s
    KUR2Y loom, daves16v short shifter, 2.5" Longlife SS exhaust with sport cat, lots of shiny bolts & 210bhp
    Alpine White 1.8 16v, Kamei skirts, Powerflow SS exhaust, back on my drive April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by g0ldf1ng3r View Post

reaffirms why i dont look at new cars as i would never afford that lol
    It would have been £200 a month, the rest of the money you leave as a deposit, which you also don't get back.

The best deal seems to be personal leasing through a 3rd party, £975 down, 3yrs of £166 a month and then give the car back.

It is total piece of mind, Ive looked at it a lot over the last few years especially for the main family car.

To be fair these days its hard to buy a newish car that is bad, there all at a good level especially for a daily runner.

Picked it up yesterday lunchtime, have done about 100miles so far, really pleased with it, didn't want something that would replace the corrado, but wanted something that wasn't going to give me grief and meaning i have to get the spanners out. Can hopefully concentrate on the corrado now.

Administrator

Picked it up yesterday lunchtime, have done about 100miles so far, really pleased with it, didn't want something that would replace the corrado, but wanted something that wasn't going to give me grief and meaning i have to get the spanners out. Can hopefully concentrate on the corrado now.
    Looks great Think Ford really nailed this generation of Fiesta.

2001 BMW E39 530d SE Touring (Black) | 1999 BMW E39 523i SE (with Sport Pack) Saloon (Black) | Ex-Corrado Owner

Yeah, the interior is pretty decent as well, There isn't much i don't like about the car.