Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Rescued White VR!

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeba View Post
    Anyone fitted a Dave16V shifter? - I'm just having a look around on what to upgrade.
    yes, they are sublime!

love the one in my VR & plan to get another for the valver hopefully

ive not crunched a 2nd to 3rd gear change in the VR since fitting one of daves
    Bramber metallic VR6 bring on the grins as the VR sings!!!!
    Stealth head rebuild, 263's, BMC CDA, Roose M/Sport hoses, VT engine mount, KW V1s
    KUR2Y loom, daves16v short shifter, 2.5" Longlife SS exhaust with sport cat, lots of shiny bolts & 210bhp
    Alpine White 1.8 16v, Kamei skirts, Powerflow SS exhaust, back on my drive April 2014

Enthusiast
    Still collecting parts for my VR... a friend of mine has offered me some MK4 TDI130 - which apparently fit over 288mm disks - will these fit the Corrado does anyone know?

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Still collecting parts for my VR... a friend of mine has offered me some MK4 TDI130 - which apparently fit over 288mm disks - will these fit the Corrado does anyone know?
    Some? Callipers and carriers? Yes, but you need to used MK3 golf GTi / VR6 288mm disks (not MK4 as they're the wrong off set - but you can use them with spacers between the carrier and the knuckle ala 312mm conversion)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dox View Post
    Some? Callipers and carriers? Yes, but you need to used MK3 golf GTi / VR6 288mm disks (not MK4 as they're the wrong off set - but you can use them with spacers between the carrier and the knuckle ala 312mm conversion)
    Sorry Dox yes calipers... unfortunately no carriers...

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Sorry Dox yes calipers... unfortunately no carriers...
    I had callipers and carriers in the sale section, you'll need carriers.

I'll have 312s for sale next week too (currently finishing off breaking a BAM engine TT).

Enthusiast
    I had callipers and carriers in the sale section, you'll need carriers.

I'll have 312s for sale next week too (currently finishing off breaking a BAM engine TT).
    Ahhhh do you have the rear TT calipers and carriers? I was tempted to add the vented rears.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    I'm not sure what they're like yet as the wheels are still on

Enthusiast
    I'm not sure what they're like yet as the wheels are still on
    No worries - keep me posted if theyre any good and you want to move them on

Enthusiast
    Well I was just about to cut the lawn in my lunch break and a pallet from Lilfuzzer turned up!

As always suitable packaging to get me in the mood for the weekend and the job in hand!

A pallet full of fun! - gesssss need to address those weeds all over the driveway as soon as the Corrado is in its new home tomorrow.

Looking forward to getting started now

Need a few more bits, a short shift from Dave if he's still around, a flywheel, a diff maybe, think about balancing and lightning the bottom end and maybe a ported head... oh and a cold can of FOSTERS! decision

Thanks again Chris! you're a legend!

Enthusiast
    Finally got round to making a start! been rounding up parts and thinking about what I'm going to do - made a deal with my Mum that if I cleaned the garage out I could work on the car there!

So a litre of floor paint and a few trips to the local tip we were ready...

I'd already moved the car round a couple of weeks earlier so we made a start..

I had a mate helping me... his rather nice GTI in the background, the radiator and support bracket had disintegrated, both of which I've got... brand new Hella rad and a powdercoated rad support waiting to go on..

It still had the factory fit exhaust, but unfortunately it had also made a huge attempt to return to mother earth... so out came the grinder

By the end of the afternoon the car was in the garage and suitably chocked out ready to drop the entire front end.

Beers were also on the agenda!

Next morning we undid the rest of the sub-frame bolts and dropped the whole lot out in one go... pretty much identical to the way I used to do MK2 GTI's - just a bit bigger.

and here it is!

Continued to strip it down, it came apart really well considering the age and how long it had been stood, it was all as it had left the factory as far as we could tell it had never been pulled about.

Plan is to get all the metal work blasted and powder-coated so it will look like new, everything else will get a dam good clean and refurbed as needed. A good friend of mine owns a Porsche tuning company and we're going to have a chat once the motor is stripped down - I'm going to do shells, seals and chains of course, but I'm also thinking along the lines of a mild port'n'polish and big valve head so I can bring her into the 200hp club whilst still looking OEM.

Unfortunately there was one casualty - just as we pushed the body over the last bit of the engine it clipped the engine loom multi plug

Gutted! it's bent the pins so I'll have to source a new one. to be fair it was in pretty bad condition with most of its wrapping missing and what was there was very brittle .. if anyone has one let me know.

Then it was off to Guns'n'Roses on the Saturday! all in all a good weekend!

Last edited by Geeba; 19th June 2017 at 10:32 AM.