Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to remove the pin in the door handle?

How to remove the pin in the door handle?

I have done a search and cannot seem to come up with any other way of removing the pin in the door handle except drilling it out. Well my drill bit broke off in it so now I am stuck. Any other methods that work?

I drilled one out recently, well I drilled through it if that makes sense , which weakened it and I put a screw in a little bit then pulled it and the pin out. Not sure how you'll sort it unless you can get the broken bit out? Access isn't the best sadly
    95 Classic Green Storm
    95 Flash Red VR6

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
    For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible

Never managed to get a screw in mine... most screws are softer material than the pin. I had to put a tap down mine then pull it out. It only needed a few threads before I could pull it out.
    Last edited by delfinis38; 28th April 2017 at 4:19 AM.
    Corrado VR6 - Aqua Blue LC5U - 96 'N' Plate
    Black Leather - Heated Seats - Air Con
    Totally Standard and intend to keep it that way !

Hibernation for Winter ! SORN

Well I have continued to screw with this. I have wrote Dave16v but havent heard back. That drill bit is fully stuck in there. I am at a total loss as to what to do. Trying to drill through the broken bit isnt working and the other side is closed off so I cant push it out. the instructions I have say that you can use a finishing nail from the other side to push it out but with it closed off I do not see how that can work.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Any chance of a pic?

Easy to upload with the Tapatalk app

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Or just buy another handle off me!!!
    Can be complete bitchs to reassemble, don't even think about removing the spindle that holds the striker, done a few but they never feel right afterwards.

I ended up using a cutting wheel and got it out. But the handle repair set I bought doesnt seem to be working right. It actually seems like they are too short by about a half an inch.

⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆
    Hi Drift,
    Any chance you can take a photo of the offending pin that doesn't fit?
    My email: [email protected]
    Send me yours so i can get you a couple of photos of the spare handles i have.
    Cheers-Andrew.

This is probably old but I just worked on one of these broken corrado door handles. In my case the striker arm wasn't broken but the part that moves the arm broke. I ended up ordering a b3 passat front handle with lock. The b3 striker arm was way longer so I had to swap out the g60 one. To remove the arm pin I just used a punch and from the side with the wires I gave it a couple smacks with a nail hammer. It was at an angle but knocked it out enough to pull it the rest with the pliers. Then I swapped the arms and smacked the pin back in with a blunt punch.

What I can't figure out is how to remove the wires inside the door. Do I have to remove the door cards or can I do it from that little access hole towards the bottom of the door??

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by idrackert View Post
    This is probably old but I just worked on one of these broken corrado door handles. In my case the striker arm wasn't broken but the part that moves the arm broke. I ended up ordering a b3 passat front handle with lock. The b3 striker arm was way longer so I had to swap out the g60 one. To remove the arm pin I just used a punch and from the side with the wires I gave it a couple smacks with a nail hammer. It was at an angle but knocked it out enough to pull it the rest with the pliers. Then I swapped the arms and smacked the pin back in with a blunt punch.

What I can't figure out is how to remove the wires inside the door. Do I have to remove the door cards or can I do it from that little access hole towards the bottom of the door??

Thanks!!
    I had to remove the door card as the wires were zip tied to the door behind the door card
    Corrado VR6 - Aqua Blue LC5U - 96 'N' Plate
    Black Leather - Heated Seats - Air Con
    Totally Standard and intend to keep it that way !

Hibernation for Winter ! SORN