Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nice looking storm (green) for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Dox View Post
    Be careful what you say the sellers a forum member lol. How did you get the reg?

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...-Corrado-storm
    I Haven't said anything...? 🤔 A quick check tells a story. Got the reg from the tax reminder in the last picture.

Elliotts 93 weathered valver"No Significant Problems"

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Quote Originally Posted by elliott View Post
    I Haven't said anything...? �� A quick check tells a story. Got the reg from the tax reminder in the last picture.

Your screen must have a better resolution than mine, I can make out the first and last but that's it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dox View Post
    Your screen must have a better resolution than mine, I can make out the first and last but that's it lol
    It's there, I was on the laptop when I zoomed in. It's a better looking car than the last one that just sold.

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    It's there, I was on the laptop when I zoomed in. It's a better looking car than the last one that just sold.

I can't see anything bad, mileage checks out, just the usual ABS light on, corroded brake lines, rear wheel bearings etc?

Maybe it's just me being fussy and looking for an excuse not to get too enthusiastic about buying another corrado. Lol

Did that check myself but anyhow, it's off the cards now. Hope it's gone to the right home as said before.

Watching this one just now on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152582237432

Car was on gumtree for 7900 until the owner had a lot of interest and so decided it was best to put in on eBay.

Considering how rare the storm is (according to how many left website) it would seem half of them have been for sale just recently.

I think that demonstrates that How Many Left can't be taken as Gospel. At least not for specific variants. It says there's about 10 Storms left. For a rare, special edition to lose 98% of the cars in just over 20 years is pretty unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by DVLA
    The most common error that crops up is vehicles that don't have exactly the correct model variant recorded on their V5 registration document. For example, a special edition Peugeot 205 Gentry might only have Peugeot 205 recorded on its V5. This can lead to some model variants appearing to be rarer than they actually are.
    Last edited by Pc80; 19th June 2017 at 12:08 PM.

Most are SORN or have been in winter months... or not registered as a storm.
    Corrado VR6 - Aqua Blue LC5U - 96 'N' Plate
    Black Leather - Heated Seats - Air Con
    Totally Standard and intend to keep it that way !

Hibernation for Winter ! SORN

If i remember correctly it was never stated on the logbook that they were Storm's, if it does state Storm someone would of updated the logbook at some point.

So how many left would be incorrect if it's using this method.
    Green Meanie VR6

Don't you just love `em!

Yeah, sorry... It didn't come across well but I was having a dig at how many storms are sold as being rare. I believe everything on the internet... LOL

Blog Entries
    How many left is a great guide if you look at overall numbers for most of the model range - the V5s never had 'Storm' or 'Automatic' information that just someone changing the V5 info.

In fact the number of 'Storm' models has increased from 5 in the last year they were sold to 17 if you include the SORN'd one by 2017!

What's more interesting is the number of cars that are SORN'd, around 66% of G60s are in that state and that's a fairly consistent value over the last 3 years. Valvers sit at the 66% mark for SORN but that includes both 1.8 and 2.0 cars so it's impossible to work out the early/late split.

The VR6 on the other hand is far more common as around 50% are SORN'd.

Total number of cars SORN'd has risen by 1000 over the last 8 years at the same time the number of on the road cars has dropped by 2400 and 1400 of those have been scrapped.
    Cheers fool,
    Yan
    1990 G60-16v Blue Pearl Effect
    Now sold, 1991 Nugget G60
    CCGB Technical Secretary