Thread: Back Offside wheel jammed

Enthusiast

Back Offside wheel jammed

Help
    Brakes did not seem as good on friday on the way home from work. Got home and felt the back and front wheels and the near side back was warm. Jacked it up and fround that wheel would only turn if i forced it with my hands. took wheel off and got girlfriend to pull hanbrake on which i could see the cable moving but not the pad. No noticable movement of the pad when pressing the footbrake either. Checking the disk i have not scoured it yet but can cannot be moved till i sort this out. Please help soon as without my C it means i have to borrow my mums bogie green polo! ( hope anybody who knows me see me driving it!
    Thanks
    Used to drive a 212 hp G60. Now Driving a V6 4Motion. No I am not some *ick nicked it, Back in Corrado ownership with a VR6

Regular
    The old seized rear caliper syndrome i suspect
    (if i had pound for every one ive replaced, i would have 2 corrado's )
    Oldest Corrado on the forum ???
    KK013*** (VIN)

Enthusiast

should i change both sides?

Should change both sides or just one? are thay used on other vw. Mines J reg G60
    Used to drive a 212 hp G60. Now Driving a V6 4Motion. No I am not some *ick nicked it, Back in Corrado ownership with a VR6

Items for Sale
    I think mk4 Golf calipers are the way to go, straight fit (i have heard) and there made out of a light-alloy and less prone to seizure, think mk3 will do also but mk4 better...

...:::Supercharged:::...

1.8 G60 & 1.9 TDI

Please help the forum stay alive!
    Want to help monthly? Why not

Enthusiast
    Anywhere in the world, most recently Caribbean
    I've heard that MK3 are a straight fit, Mk 4 require special hoses (ends are different).
    not 100% sure about this tho... (just so's you don't go out and buy a set of Mk4 and risk a lot of hassle fiting them)
    Paul
    Used to own a Pearl Grey '90 16V.

Enthusiast
    can someone confirm this? i had a rear caliper replaced when i first got the car.. so the e-brake would work, to pass safety..

but the fuggin shop fit a used caliper that has a busted e-brake as well!

i can get some mk3 or mk4 for cheaper than corrado rears.. which is better/easier to fit? mk3 or mk4?

Enthusiast

Temp Fixed

Lucky i did this pad was just about gone. Managed to release caliper with tool from MDC. Replaced pads and refitted. Checking the wheel for heat everytime i stop to see whether it is binding again. I would not mind a answer to the Mk3 or Mk4 caliper question please anyone! As i dont trust that it will not happen again soon. At least i did not have to borrow my mums bogey green polo.