Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meets/Drives. Anyone on here bother ?

Meets/Drives. Anyone on here bother ?

Do any of you guys ever bother with regular meetings or drives out. Apart from organised events I haven't come across any on here (except Ace Cafe) and I just thought it might be pleasant to meet and chat to a few like minded enthusiasts. I regularly go on Subaru events and their calendars are possitively overflowing with fun gatherings.

PS. I don't mean McD or B&Q car parks. More country pub, nice meal, little run on empty challenging roads away from cities and PC Plod.
    Live fast, drive faster.

Enthusiast
    Where about r u?
    Andrew

'91-J Corrado G60
    '12-62 Octavia vRS TDi

Leeds, W.Yorks. I think we are a little too far apart (Edinburgh). Although the northernmost Dales and the Lakes are about half way.
    Live fast, drive faster.

Enthusiast
    The road out of scotland, has more gatsos than fence posts. I try to avoid it!

I like to go north. You should go some day. There are no speed cameras at all north of inverness - the roads are amazing.

Doesnt that group drive thing not turn into a bit of a race?

I am all for track days.
    Andrew

'91-J Corrado G60
    '12-62 Octavia vRS TDi

It's only a race if the lead car makes it so. Put a mature and responsible driver in front and he sets the pace, and insist on no o/taking. I know what your saying about cameras, and I have on the odd occasion sampled Scotlands asphalt. As soon as I get my Scoob I will be heading to Applecross to run Belach Na Ba (sp?), a drivers must up there with Stelvio and the Ring.

Of course, you have to wonder if all those cameras are near schools, playgrounds, parks or danger spots, or are they just to collect revenue? B@5t@rd5!!!!!!!
    Live fast, drive faster.

My mate is a member of the Seat Cupra owners club in Teeside. I have been on a couple of their little excursions and they are a good laugh. Definitely worth orgainising one for ourselves northern people. Maybe in summer though when it is a little more pleasant.

Summer sounds like a good idea, but it ain't. The roads are full of families and grandads in Scenics & Rovers pootling about at 4mph and plod get a little shirty about organised events, especially near any Bank Holiday. Winter is our time. Nice empty roads while all the bores are sat in front of the fire & telly. I'm just a bit restricted with work as I work weekend nights only, but I am up for any midweek jaunts if anyone else is interested. Hell, I'll even consider organising it.

Anyone ?????
    Live fast, drive faster.

CF-oholic!
    i go to the northern no rice meets,when my days off land on the right date
    1993 corrado vr6,in flash red,spax coilovers, 17" ats dtm mesh alloys,magnex stainlessteel cat back exhaust,black electric recaro leather seats,DDI reverse glow dials,312mm audi tt brake set up..now got a GSXR750(2001)

By "NoRice" I suppose it means anything non-jap. I was hoping to be more specific (without being snooty), but when is their next run. I might go for a look. I just don't want to find myself amidst a load of Nova/Saxo Burberry baseball cap wearing teenies.

Oh dear, I think I might have opened a hornets nest.
    Live fast, drive faster.

CF-oholic!
    nope,no-rice is all vag cars,no corsas to be seen any where
    1993 corrado vr6,in flash red,spax coilovers, 17" ats dtm mesh alloys,magnex stainlessteel cat back exhaust,black electric recaro leather seats,DDI reverse glow dials,312mm audi tt brake set up..now got a GSXR750(2001)