Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to the fold - Red valver no 3 - Nola

Enthusiast

Back to the fold - Red valver no 3 - Nola

Yes... I'm back.... Did you all miss me?

Having sold my last red valver to Jim around 2 years ago I've had the Corrado 'itch' - and fate intervened when a Flash Red 2ltr 16v was left abandoned at my work a couple of weeks ago. The car had came in with another exactly the same colour and spec to have the engine taken out of it and put into the other Rado which had a dodgy engine but much better bodywork, thankfully though my boss saved the engine in the other one and kept this one in one piece and thus surpluss to owners requirements. After leaving my boss to do the haggling the car was mine for the sum total of £100, although that did include 2 pages of MOT failure sheets! So, the ugly ducklings tranformation to swan will start with an MOT, and a basic tidy up. I already have 'plans' but need to get her running reliably before anything else....

So, everyone meet Nola (I ran out of red names after having one car called Scarlett and one called Ruby... )

Looking slightly better in the sunshine after a wash and bonnet polish....

The bad bits...

Previous owner ran over a roundabout...

Previous owner broke the key in the ignition barrel.. so having to hotwire her to move her at the mo...

Interior is clean enough though...

The good bits..

The body is straight, just a bit shabby, got a pile of reciepts inc last service being cambelt etc... She runs really nicely, smooth and quiet and the gearbox all feels good too. Engine bay is remarkably clean compared to the rest of the car.

So, started amassing a pile of parts already, needs all the brake hoses and lines for the MOT so figured I'd go braided hoses and G60 brakes, got a KR cam lying about in work I can steal, oh and a cheap-but-will-do-for-now lowering kit to use until I can afford coilies to get her on the floor...

Searching for wheels now - best bit of owning a car....

Cheers!!!
    Currently - Jeep Cherokee 4ltr - all the toys and enough torque to tow a small country...

...and red 16v Rado no 3... yes, my name is Laura and I am a Corrado-aholic....

CF Nutter

Re: Back to the fold - Red valver no 3 - Nola

She is looking fab! No where near as bad as you described!!

We have a set of vr calipers that will go with the g60 discs you have got if you want them.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by M15 VW

We have a set of vr calipers that will go with the g60 discs you have got if you want them.
    The pics make the paint look better than it is - I will need to get her resprayed at some point, probably get the arch done first, then replace wing and bumper and have front end done then do the rest after that.... but getting her on the road in one piece with a decent drop and nice wheels will all come first.

Ta for caliper offer, had a customer give me a box of goodies the other day, in it was two painted red G60 calipers and new discs and pads...
    Currently - Jeep Cherokee 4ltr - all the toys and enough torque to tow a small country...

Administrator

Congrats Laura. Look forward to seeing this project come along

--= | 1995 Corrado 2.9 VR6 (Classic Green) | =--

| Old Corrado's :- Corrado 2.0 16v (pic) | Corrado G60 (pic) | Corrado 2.0 16v (pic) |

CF Nutter

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett
    Quote Originally Posted by M15 VW

The pics make the paint look better than it is - I will need to get her resprayed at some point, probably get the arch done first, then replace wing and bumper and have front end done then do the rest after that.... but getting her on the road in one piece with a decent drop and nice wheels will all come first.

Ta for caliper offer, had a customer give me a box of goodies the other day, in it was two painted red G60 calipers and new discs and pads...
    That sounds like a very good customer!

Enthusiast

Nice bargin, i wanna job where you work, sounds like Corrado hand me downs are in free flow

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by The Hub
    Nice bargin, i wanna job where you work, sounds like Corrado hand me downs are in free flow
    yup, they are... tis the only perk of the job though...

CF-oholic!

Haha, something told me that you'd have another one at some point, I suppose the fact that it's red was the deciding factor? Looks like it could do with a couple of quids spent on it but im sure it'll come up nicely.

Enthusiast

lol... we all knew I'd be back at some point - and I'm sure we all knew it'd only be in a red rado.....

Administrator

Got a 90mm chin spoiler if you want it Laura. Its cracked at either end (the original one off Ruby) but still pretty good shape.. free too a good home but I can't be fecked with posting it so it'd have to be collected at a show or something?

--= | 1995 Corrado 2.9 VR6 (Classic Green) | =--

| Old Corrado's :- Corrado 2.0 16v (pic) | Corrado G60 (pic) | Corrado 2.0 16v (pic) |