turbomagikz

new corrado vr6 price ?

can anybody tell me how much my corrado would of cost when bought new(approx) ??? :roll: .

corrado vr6 / white / 1995 n / manual / leather trim...

cheers mark :D

And ten years later that's the equivalent of what, £29k now?

Just shows how expensive it was.. And why it just didn't sell well..

Yeah but imagine the Corrado shell now along with the R32 engine, climate control, leather, working door handles/headlight switch/heater matrix plus no need to change the timing chains/tensioner.

Would you pay £30k for it now?

yes and back then when VW were not making much in the way of luxury - it must have seemed really expensive!!

"£23k for a VW!??", many would have protested!

And many are now enjoying 5K cars smug in the knowledge they didn't pay £23K new for them..... VW pricing themselves out of the market back then gave rise to the car's current rarity, so let's not start with the tedious VW pricing thing again, ay?

And don't forget the C VR6 in 1993 trounced the more expensive E36 BMW 325i Coupe in every area.

Can we be a bit more positive about our chosen steeds please?

Having owned an E36 325i Coupe and witnessed the appalling build quality, the C VR is a Bentley by comparison.

Try an auto-drop window relay at £195 every year for instance....and £125 for a wiper control module that fecks up every other summer leaving you with wipers on permanently....most embarrassing.

BMWs and Mercs are taxis in Germany - bread and butter cars.....I cannot understand the UK's obssession with them.

Having owned an E36 325i Coupe and witnessed the appalling build quality, the C VR is a Bentley by comparison.

Try an auto-drop window relay at £195 every year for instance....and £125 for a wiper control module that fecks up every other summer leaving you with wipers on permanently....most embarrassing.

BMWs and Mercs are taxis in Germany - bread and butter cars.....I cannot understand the UK's obssession with them.

I love bringing threads back from the dead... 11 years later, thats got to be a record surely?

I just wanted to see what you think to how BMW and MERC (along with Audi) are among the most common vehicles on the road nowadays, with all manufacturers building a vehicle for every class.

Just had a look at an inflation calculator. 95 VR with optional leather delivered - just short of £40K!!!!!!!!

:eek:

Just had a look at an inflation calculator. 95 VR with optional leather delivered - just short of £40K!!!!!!!!

:eek:

I actually paid C 20k for mine..

It just shows how prices have come down through more efficient production. I had an Alfa 156 as a company car in the late 1990's from memory it cost over £23k after a few extras were added. No way would I pay today's equivalent of over £40k!

And ten years later that's the equivalent of what, £29k now?

Just shows how expensive it was.. And why it just didn't sell well..

Ok £20k seems quite expensive for a sports coupé, but in 1994/95 a Ford Probe 24v was £20,350 Nissan 200SX £20,000 & the Corrado VR6 £20,499 according to Autocar Sept 1994.

Top Gear Aug 1994 has the following list prices; Ford Probe V6 £19,350 Toyota Celica GT £20,617 & Corrado VR6 £20,499.

So it's seemingly competitively priced (especially since the Probe was total crap) and don't forget, there was a worldwide fall in car prices in the late 1990's/early 2000's.

Ok £20k seems quite expensive for a sports coupé, but in 1994/95 a Ford Probe 24v was £20,350 Nissan 200SX £20,000 & the Corrado VR6 £20,499 according to Autocar Sept 1994.

Top Gear Aug 1994 has the following list prices; Ford Probe V6 £19,350 Toyota Celica GT £20,617 & Corrado VR6 £20,499.

So it's seemingly competitively priced (especially since the Probe was total crap) and don't forget, there was a worldwide fall in car prices in the late 1990's/early 2000's.

I paid round about 1.5k for additional airco and upgrade to stereo.

Do you still own the car? Is that the Aqua Blue one?

What was the price of the VR Mk3 golf when it was released, does anyone know?

Do you still own the car? Is that the Aqua Blue one?

What was the price of the VR Mk3 golf when it was released, does anyone know?

In my garage with cover over it..