Sign in to follow this  
jamescorrado

I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE...

Went to see a C last week which was clean and straight, but one thing I'd not seen before... the body-stamped VIN number (at the base of the windscreen) was in a rectangle of white paint, the rest of the car wasn't white.[/b]

It made it look as if the car had originally been white and then been repainted everywhere but in a rectangle over the VIN! But I'm pretty sure the car is in it's original colour, and even on the original paint. Odd

Any ideas - my last two C's have not had this...

ive got this, did loadsa checks on it everything was in order though. Mines aqua blue..mayb its so you can read the vin better on dark colours?

"they all have this."

If that's the case then does that mean that any Corrado that has a body-coloured VIN is the one to be wary of a respray then?..

"they all have this."

If that's the case then does that mean that any Corrado that has a body-coloured VIN is the one to be wary of a respray then?..

Probably, all the original ones I've seen have the Vin on the primer but it may have just been Karmann forgetting to tape over the Vin before it was sprayed - they weren't that on the ball when it came to consistency and quality control...

Why do people worry about resprays and accidents anyway? Provided the repair work is done properly and the car looks good, what's the problem? It's just a metal box with wheels.

Agree. If it drives as VW intended and the quality of the repair to the body can be vouched for, it should be no biggie. Plenty of things need repairing on a 10-15 year old car, accident or no.

my g60 and my dads valver are the same,someone looked at the valver today and i think he commented on it,got me thinking too :shock:

but alls well by the sounds of it. :D

neil.

Why do people worry about resprays and accidents anyway? Provided the repair work is done properly and the car looks good, what's the problem? It's just a metal box with wheels.

Isn't this an obvious one? People worry about resprays and accidents with good reason: resprays are unlikely to be as good as factory finish and unless the paint's been on long enough you never quite sure what's going to emerge; and repairs that are supposedly 'done properly' are difficult to completely verify. For example, we've already heard on the forum about how a previously reputable firm has been cutting corners on supercharger rebuilds, and also how disreputable many main dealers are, so how can you fully verify any work? Much better for a car not to have been damaged in the first place. Isn't that what we're all looking for...

:scratch: