Sign in to follow this  
B5UBA

HELP.........LEAK

ello every one, im new in hear and ive gota slight problem.

im running a 1.8 16v on a "g" plate,and behind the driver seat

the carpet seems to be damp.....can any one help

Hi there, and welcome!

Must likely candidate for that would be the door skin / door seal - you might want to check all the way round the door, and actually the skin inside the door to make sure they are all in tact without any splits. You could test the door as being responsible by blasting it with the hosepipe for a minute or two and see what comes in.

Anyone else know any possible candidates for this?

Don't know about on a Corrado!

Leaky sunroofs of sciroccos cause pudles in back foot well.

On the new passat, if a drain hole in the cowling(bulk head shelf, where ecu is) is blocked water some how drains to the rear foot well on the drives side! (happened to my old man)

I think what jim says is the most likely as that aplies to pritty much all the VW range.

As Jim says, it's more than likely the door skin membrane.

Take the door trim off and do as above :)

Don't bother getting a replacement membrane from veedub - rip-off!

Vw have stopped making the door membrane, all they give you now is plastic sheeting and double sided sticky tape rather than the proper cut out skin etc!

Well I found when my old valver started leaking that the outer window seal that goes at bottom of window - (the bit you stick you arm on when window down for cool pose :D ) had start to loose its shape and so water was getting in between the window and the seal - this runs down the door and out on to the carpet *:)

Have a look *:)

Vw have stopped making the door membrane, all they give you now is plastic sheeting and double sided sticky tape rather than the proper cut out skin etc!

You just get a sheet of grey foam and that's it. You have to cut it to shape and supply your own adhesive!

I've found it's great stuff if you've got the time and patience and less fiddly than sheets of thin plastic. It also has sound absorbing qualities too.

Kev

nice one boys.....found me window seal out of shape.....so any one with a window seal 4 sale/let me know....

:D

yeah scott had a look and thats whats happeninig I THINK, the funny thing is thou there are no trails of water on the side of the carpet,just a patch in the middle.

but then again i know it can be awakard finding a fcuking leak.