Sign in to follow this  
Tedb

16V GRILLE BADGE FITTING

Yes it sounds easy, I know but I'm having great difficulty fitting the 16V Grille Badge to the Grille of my Corrado. The badge is a Genuine one purchased from VW, part number is 535 853 679 a - QN5, that's the colour code for red.

I understand where it sits at the front, it's getting it secured that's the problem. There are two long prongs at the back of the baadge at either end and a short one in the middle. Am I missing some form of bracket to fit it? The Grille is 4 slot, it's a 1992 model. Back of Grille has one cut out section where one of the prongs could engage but I can't see how the other prong or the short one in the middle engages. Perhaps the Grille is somewhat distorted by heat :?

Any ideas?

Hm.. well I never had to fiddle with badges on my G60 but on my 16v I did. On the back of the badge there were two 'arms' both with small hooks on the end and on the grille itself there were two small notches on the right area of the grille where the arms from the badge would just hook into to secure the badge in place. It wasn't really any more than a 10 second job to clip the badge in place!

Don't know if that helps or not! :(

could it be that you're trying to get a 5 slat grill badge onto a 3 slat grill?..or ivce versa?...i know with g60's the badges are specific to the type of grill you have..

Thanks for the replies guys, a buddy of mine checked out the Grille/Badge suitability thing, there aren't variants of the 16V Badge, there's just one, there are variants I understand for the G60 and VR6 depending on the Grille.

Yes there are two arms both with hooks at the end as you 've described but on my 3 slot Grille, there's only one cut out where one of the long arms can engage, weird isn't it? There is no cut out for the other arm to engage on and that's why I cant secure it, I could try of course to make a cut out on the Grille to secure the second arm or would Loctite hold it if I glued it into position at the front?

Any more suggestions/ideas welcome...

Thanks for the replies guys, a buddy of mine checked out the Grille/Badge suitability thing, there aren't variants of the 16V Badge, there's just one, there are variants I understand for the G60 and VR6 depending on the Grille.

There aer 2 different sorts but I don't have ETKA on the pc to confirm...