Sign in to follow this  
joebloggsVR69

Headunit recommendations?

(Posted by gradeAfailure :oops:)

I've got the Alpine 9831R in mine and SQ is superb... Gonna be upgrading it for a newer Alpine tho, just so it matches when i change my illumination! :lol:

Kev, can the 9853 change the illumination of the small buttons to anything other than green or amber?

Kev, can the 9853 change the illumination of the small buttons to anything other than green or amber?

Yep, there are about 512 possible colours IIRC. You go to the illumination setting and just scroll through them with the volume knob.

You can match the button colour to the dash illumination almost perfectly 8)

i've had a top of the range flip down sony i reall liked the quality of that the dso button worked wonders have the clarion with flip screen now is good too havent really fiddled with that too much thou! also sony had so many wonderfull little extras could even change it to pink lol!

Yep, there are about 256 possible colours IIRC. You go to the illumination setting and just scroll through them with the volume knob.

You can match the button colour to the dash illumination almost perfectly 8)

Really? Cool - I had a look in the manual online and it seems to think that the smaller buttons (not the main four) can only be green or amber...

Yeah, I think it is just the main buttons on the left that are multi coloured, the others are just green or amber, that is unless someone can tell me how to.