Sign in to follow this  
volkswag0nvr6

buying a corrado vr6

hi people, im going to look at a corrado vr6 later today in blackberry pearl metallic.. 110,000 miles will a full ticket on her.

is there anyting i should look for and is £3000 a reasonable asking price?

thanks lee

noise from the right hand side of the engine block which sounds like a marble in a tin can should be one of the main things you listen for, it means the chains need doing and thats expensive. If theres no noise you're 'probably' safe. Just make sure it drives how you'd expect and check the 'buyers guide' on here for more general info. 3k sounds fair to me, how old is it and what options/modifications does it have?

it has had a new clutch and water pump, full magnex exhaust, superchip, k&n induction kit, eibach lowering kit. koni adjustible shocks, some tsw alloys on it.. but i have got some porsche oz racining 3 piece splits sitting in the garage... cat 2 immobilser, lots of histry and immaculate interior..

what do you think?

yea i just hope the body is good on her.. i have wanted a corrado for a long time now.. and my mk2 golf has been of the road now for a few months.. it was in a garage for 3 weeks and they couldn't sort it, now its in another where they fit subaru engines in bugs and they have told me it needs rewiring so it could be in there for some time...

so im driving around in a banged up old saab and its doin my head in.. just want to get back into another vw...

oh forgot to say it is on a k 1992, is there any difference form these to the newer ones? what year did they start making the corrados?

1993...that sounds a bit dodgy to me mate...

nah... :wink: ..they were first about in 89, vr6's were introduced in 92/93, so this one will be one of the first

k/92 will be one of the first VR's which means it has a distributor rather than a coilpack. Very little difference otherwise. Corrados themselves were first availible in 1989 in 1.8 16v form.

lol got me worryed there...

well im off to look at it at 2.

so i shall let you know if i have her...

not sure what the insurance will be but i will worry about that later lol

thanks for you help..