scerba

please help 92 vr6 corrado

ok i have owned a non running 92 vr6 corrado for 3 years and its jsut been sitting in my garage since i nerly forgot about it i havent worked on it on over 2 years

when i go to start the car it has no spark the pulleys spin so the starter is good right? so i replaced the dist., spark plub cables, ign coil and module, ignition switch, battery i think thats it and i really wanna get this car running any help would be very nice i jsut dont what else it could be the ecu, wiring relays???

ok i have owned a non running 92 vr6 corrado for 3 years and its jsut been sitting in my garage since i nerly forgot about it i havent worked on it on over 2 years

when i go to start the car it has no spark the pulleys spin so the starter is good right? so i replaced the dist., spark plub cables, ign coil and module, ignition switch, battery i think thats it and i really wanna get this car running any help would be very nice i jsut dont what else it could be the ecu, wiring relays???

It could be your crank sensor it could be your ECU or relay but more than likely if you're not getting any signal at your crank sensor. Are you getting a check engine light when you first put it on the on position? Is it trying to crank at all or when you try to crank it to hear nothing

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

My car had stood for many years 4+ outside when I got hold of it, turned out to be the ignition switch, swapped that, primed the fuel rail and she fired into life.

I'd recommend a genuine VW one, its a fiddly job so do it only once ;)

Yea my boyfriends 93 corrado vr6 had to change the ignition switch twice seams to me to be a corrado thing maybe lol

My car had stood for many years 4+ outside when I got hold of it, turned out to be the ignition switch, swapped that, primed the fuel rail and she fired into life.

I'd recommend a genuine VW one, its a fiddly job so do it only once ;)

I changed my ignition switch straight away when I had an electrical gremlin. As geeba says, genuine vw. Solved my problem and yes it is a Corrado issue.

An interesting challenge but a cheap part. Worth a try.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

We go to u pull it's around our house and vr6s are hard to come by let alone the right ignition switch that will match . But luckly he found some.

I changed my ignition switch straight away when I had an electrical gremlin. As geeba says, genuine vw. Solved my problem and yes it is a Corrado issue.

An interesting challenge but a cheap part. Worth a try.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk