Sign in to follow this  
MK1G60R1

Exide Battery???

Has anyone fitted an Exide into their VR6?

The posts are at the wrong end, can these be moved as there are holes at the 'right' end! Otherwise I will need to extend the wiring loom to fit.

Has anyone done this?

Cheers

i know i doesn't help with your question but i have had exide deep cycle batteries in all my cars and never had a flat battery once in 7 years.

"Bobby" Yeah they are really good, got one in my MK1 and just charge it before I wana use it and its as good as new!!!

One more time; Heeeeeeeeelp!!!

i got the same problem, i had this battery in may last car, a mk3 golf, and it fitted fine, but as you say, in the raddo, the terminals are at the wrong end of the battery! Mines a deep cycle gel jobby, really want it in there, might just stick it in my boot and run a split charger or summit? or failing that, just simply extend the loom

Yeah think i'm gona extend the loom too, shouldn't be too hard but want to fit some decent wiring in there! The grounding point on the chassis is probably going to be the hardest part...

you can yes, but if you turn it around, the loom is even shorter, as the + and - terminals are then on the wrong side of the battery instead of too far away, i.e, moved from left to right hand side and vice versa! Not a stupid question, tis prob what i'd have thought if i'd read this!