Sign in to follow this  
Brando

Classic Car Insurance / Insuring 2 cars

Any chance of getting the corrado on a limited milleage (say 6000 miles) classic car insurance policy. Who would be best to try it with??? :?:

Reason being: I need to insure 2 cars and I am only 21 - what are my best options?? :shock:

Spending far too much money on driving the C for 20,000 miles a year so gonna save it for the weekend if I can. I'd also like to do more to it myself and that means having it off the road some days, and its a 38 mile drive to work every day. :D

(4 years no claims on my Corrado policy at the moment)

Any Ideas........?

I am only 18 and drive a 1.8 16v! the insurance is £2500!!!!!! the only reason I was able to get this quote was to say that i only do 6000 miles a year, otherwise i was looking at close to £4000!!!! i use elephant.co.uk, youll get a real cheap quote there!!! also i cant work out how they check your annual mileage because they dont ask for your mileage when you start the policy so you could say a real low mileage to get a real low quote!

Hey Brando,

I've got my C with HIC on a limited mileage policy that replicates the benefits of a Classic Car policy without it actually being old enough to conform.My other car is with AXA,coz I'm only 23.Insurance is clearly the most annoying/expensive thing in the world.Mine also has a agreed valuation that is currently being sorted...hope this was of some help.

John

Insurance does my nutt really :( How can I drive both cars at the same time. I agree both could be stolen or damaged, so cover me for that....

Looking at a mini cooper S at the mo, but at 21 not many peeps want to insure me on it :(.

Any chance of getting the corrado on a limited milleage (say 6000 miles) classic car insurance policy. Who would be best to try it with??? :?:

Reason being: I need to insure 2 cars and I am only 21 - what are my best options?? :shock:

Spending far too much money on driving the C for 20,000 miles a year so gonna save it for the weekend if I can. I'd also like to do more to it myself and that means having it off the road some days, and its a 38 mile drive to work every day. :D

(4 years no claims on my Corrado policy at the moment)

Any Ideas........?

what you'll find too is that most insurance companies won't class a car as a classic unless its 10 years old or more-though they might class later C's as future classics,also they will have age limits too 25yo normally par for the course,commuting will be very hard to find cover for too,the car will more than likely to have be garaged overnight and there will be a mileage limit.........i'm not saying its going to be impossible but IMO you'll be on a hiding for nothing

I looked at about 20 insurance companies when insuring the Campaign as I'd just bought the Vento so use that most of the time.

From what I could see there were only a few (and I mean a few) companies who even considered it a "Classic" car, and would do it on either a limited mileage policy or even agreed value (more important for the Campaign). In the end, I ended up getting a standard insurance through Liverpool and Victoria because it worked out about £300 per year cheaper than the cheapest "classic, agreed value" insurance", after about 5 years I wouldn't have even saved anything by insuring it this way.

The Scirocco Storm is a completely different matter (strangely). I have this on a "classic" policy (no claims not dependent, garaged and low-mileage). It costs me.....

. £129 per year. This is with all modifications notified about and valued at £3,500.

Strange how things go isn't it :shock:

I had myG60 on a limited milage policy for a while with HIC when I wasn't going to be using the car everyday as I had the use of my sisters pug what I found was that there are insurance companies that do limited mileage but it's not really worth it as I got my limited milage policy with 1 yrs ncb limited to 6k a year and the policy was £936 and then 3 months later I decided to up the milage to unlimited as I was using the C everyday and they only added £60+ admin of £10 onto the policy which wasn't a huge bill as I had expected to pay at least £200. I like HIC as whenever I do mods to the C all I have to do is pay admin charges the policy price never goes up no matter what IU do as long as I tell em,something to do with the original fee I payed which was 15% of the policy when I did an engine mod now everything related to the engine is already covered :D This Year I payed £728 and that covers me for track days, hire car the lot well happy with em