Sign in to follow this  
big_chris1981

vr6 clutch...2 different versions?

just wanted to check before i spoend any money.

etka lists 2 different clutches for the vr6 corrado, one for early cars and the later one as a kit.

does anyone know what the difference is/if theyre interchangable?

also am i better off with something like a sachs powerclutch kit for gsf/euro for less money?

cheers

chris

I'd be tempted to use something a little different from the norm. I've used SACHS and LUK from GSF, both juddered. The last clutch was from the dealer (a sachs and LUK hybrid) along with a brand new flywheel (for trueness) and after a year that's started juddering slightly too. Although the dealer one was the best made of the three (you need to put them side by side to see why), I think it's the material they use in the replacement friction discs.

Chris VR6 NOS sells clutches which aren't LUK etc and they look pretty good. Quite cheap too.

I've only used patterns, dealer ones and Helix Autosport. The latter are very good.....if a little expensive...but if you're planning on more power in the future.....