Sign in to follow this  
just_say_meth

DON'T USE UPS

Got my wheels back this morning from a well deserved refurb, took a quick gander and the job was great(BJV Engineering highly recommended brilliant job!). Got them home out of the box and every wheel has been damaged in transit by UPS, the rims have been dented flat! thought they had provided an excellent service up until now!

Dunno how bad it really is let me know your thoughts?!

Will try and post pics forgive if i don't get it it's my first time.

So annoyed the car is sittin on random wheels!!

This is the problem with couriers in general.. basically they just don't give a crap! Dissapointing though - I thought UPS were meant to be one of the better ones... :(

ffs ...... thats crap mate, after all that workmanship thats gone into getting them refurbed only for some gimp to feck them in a moment, i`d be right p*ssed off about that mate ... :bad-words:

i'm tearing my hair out mate! don't really know the extent of the damage and the photos make it look better than it really is! UPS are sending an inspector out on monday to take a look at them so guess i will find out then.

Just when i thought things were going well.....

I'll second the bad ref for UPS. Their vans are too big to fit up my street, so they always claim they called when I wasn't in. Despite never actually coming up the street.

Fuckers, I had to drive to fucking didcot to pick some stuff up once just because their guy was too stupid to find a smaller van for the 2nd and 3rd delivery attempt.

oh dear it dont look good, would have thought UPS would give you compensation though, but probably will get a bit funny if they were not packed properly, Royal Mail does (i work for them!) so make sure you keep the boxes or crates that they came in!!

can't understand how the wheels got damaged, they must have got damaged before they were boxed up i would have thought.

i've got 5 bbs wheels same as yours(without dents) + tyres, 4 wheels in excellent nick, 1 good spare, if you can get £380 out of ups for them you can have them, + courier :censored: : costs, unless you want to drive down from scotland to collect. i can email photos if you are interested.

i'd be looking out the small print from the courier so you can sort it with them, good luck bud :thumbleft:

crdo16v, i'll need to wait and see what ups are saying to it, but if i get compensation i'll let you know. The box was padded out really well by the refurb garage, you can see that the box has been dropped really hard on both ends and just the weight of all four wheels crashing down has put flat spots on the rims.

Thanks for the offer tho mate

who've they got working for them orcs off lord of the rings or klingons? :dorky:

surely nobody would half a brain would treat other peoples prize possessions like this, makes me mad just thinking about it.

if ups don't play ball i think i'd threaten them with a professional body if there is one for couriers, or maybe the national press would be interested in their "standard of service", or maybe the small claims court (or scottish equivalent).

I had to drive to **** didcot to pick some stuff up once

but Didcot is a *lovely place ;)

*sh1t

One of my RH's arrived like that, but the boxes weren't dented at all, so the feckers packed them at the factory knowing full well one of them was dented, and they packed it at the bottom to avoid being seen upon initial inspection.

They must have been dropped from hell of a height to make dents like that, unless the BBS wheels are particularly soft?

Good luck with the claim! If the dents in the boxes line up with the dents in the wheels, they don't have a leg to stand on.....but they might use the old "You signed the consignment note" trick to get out of paying compensation.

kevHaywire- Thats it mate dents line up exactly with the marks in the box!

UPS took them away yesterday for inspection, thought i'd nip along to vw and find out how much they had them listed at, for ups to see. One BBS wheel for the corrado G60 is 271.73 GBP, got the guy to print that off for me and gave it to UPS when they picked them up. They said the wheels would be back within 48 hours so hopefully they will arrive back 2moro morning, fingers crossed that they only have the dents they lefted with!!