herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

Cheers guys!

Bally, go and have a look through General Chat mate, i got a bit excited when i saw it and posted it :lol:

Fantastic to see my old 'rado again! 8)

I owned this from about 18 months old (15k miles) to nearly 90k and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I was the second owner (if i recall correctly) and bought it from the TVR garage in Chessington.

It was always clean and drew loads of attention then, but it was stock apart from tints, 17" Kahn replicas, uprated speakers / amp and a custom made MDF sub and in the left hand boot recess (that i built)

Brilliant car.

Still talk about it now - glad its gone to good home and lives on! :luvlove:

Hey only just spotted your reply calvin! Its definately gone to a good home mate dont you worry :lol: Im owner number 4, got it from the guy who must of had it off of you, it was pretty much stock when i got it except for exhaust and lowered slightly, was a minter so couldnt resist it!

When I had it I had no sprogs so spent a lot of time cleaning and polishing it. Also ran it as a company car (my company) so no expense spared in keeping it up to scratch.

You wanna sell it back?

purleeease?

I've moved onto an S4 now - not as minty, but working on it...

Well it showed that you looked after it as it was pretty mint when i got it!

Sorry not even going to THINK of selling it as i love it SO much :lol:

Its on nearly 140k now and still going strong, had it rolling roaded last year and for stock it was kicking out a healthy 203bhp and 196lb/ft so more than claimed figures which i was happy with. The drivetrain is starting to show its age however, im booking a week off work and am going to be replacing all bushes, bearing, ball joints etc to get driving a bit better. Then i will be slapping a supercharger on it so that will test just how strong the engine is :lol:

Where abouts are you from calvin?

Well today was the start of my busy week off work to do some jobs on my corrado. Todays job was to change ym gearbox oil as my gear change is getting a bit hard, followed the guide from the Knowedge Base and was a piece of piddle to do and was surprised that the bolts undone straight away no fuss after a little soak in some Plus Gas. I left it too late to get soem Redline oil so settled for some Castrol from Halfords which seems to have done the job, took just under 2 litres as stated and i took it for a drive after and so far so good, although 1st and reverse are still hard to get in sometimes so tomorrow i am going to try adjusting the left and right on the linkages so hopefully that should make things better.

Tomorrow i need to pop to VW and pick up my new ARB bushes, all wishbone/balljoint/ARB replacement bolts and my new oil pressure switch and sender to change. I already have new wishbones, ball joints, ARB drop links and a new CV boot so i am going to tackle these tomorrow. Only thing i am worried about is jacking up the engine to get to the wishbone bolt but i dont think it will be too bad. I have soaked everthing in plus gas the past few nights so hopefully it should all go swimmingly!!

Then the rest of the week i am going to change my brakes when they get here (Black Diamond grooved discs and EBC Greenstuff pads!) then bleed the brakes/master cylinder to get it stopping a bit better ready for the charger! Then get the wheel bearings replaced, certainly get the one that needs doing anyway but if i can get a good enough price i will get all done regardless again ready for the charger. Then basically just sort out niggles with the car really like the annoying rattling windows and general squeaks and rattles in the interior (have a reel of sticky felt at the ready!). And finally on friday the car is going in for its MOT so fingers crossed she passes (with the speedlines on obviously!).

Anyway watch this space for some updates!

Gonna be a busy boy this week Rob, should improve the ride quality nicely, good luck with the MOT, found a 'charger yet?

You should notice a heck of a difference when you've changed that little lot.

And yea.. gearbox oil is well worth doing. Just did mine this weekend and stuck in VW's G52 stuff - £6/litre from your stealer. Amazing difference in shift quality.. don't think the crap that came out had ever been changed, such was its colour and stench! :)

You should notice a heck of a difference when you've changed that little lot.

And yea.. gearbox oil is well worth doing. Just did mine this weekend and stuck in VW's G52 stuff - £6/litre from your stealer. Amazing difference in shift quality.. don't think the crap that came out had ever been changed, such was its colour and stench! :)

Yep, i changed my gear box oil yesterday and the old stuff was minging! Put some new Castrol oil in and so far it feels a fair bit smoother. Although i am still having problems with 1st and reverse so i am going to try and adjust it to move a bit more to the left by following one of Kevs guides.

Well today was a bit of a bastard, i managed to change my drivers side wishbone, ball joint and drop link :oops: BUT i did it all alone with no help and i got fed after doing it so left the rest to do tomorrow lol. Jacking the engine up was strange and i got stuck with it as i jacked it up so much after removing the front engine mount but it wasnt enough, so i had to loosen the rear mount as well and that gave it another leaverage to get to the wishbone bolt finally. All the bolts came off no probs after soaking in Plus Gas for the past few days! But i still replaced all the bolts with new ones from VW.

So tomorrow i will do the passenger side wishbone, ball joint and drop link which shouldnt take half as long as i know now what im doing, i dont have to jack the engine up AND i have ball joint splitter (had to go halfords and get one!). Whilst the wishbone etc is all off i will also attempt the CV boot as the passenger side one has split, so will remove the whole drive shaft really to do that, i can pack it with grease then as well. Then if there's time do the ARB bushes.

I am really glad i took this week off to just jump in the deep end as i have learnt a lot and it isnt as hard as i thought, i have done it all by myself with NO guides (apart from when i needed to find out how to get to the rear mount so used my bentley PDF) so i feel like its a big achievement for me so far lol.

Gonna be a busy boy this week Rob, should improve the ride quality nicely, good luck with the MOT, found a 'charger yet?

Hopefully mate, just got to wait for 'that' PM now :lol:

hello matey, glad the mucky mitts week is goin good for you!! my car is now stuck on a ramp with no wheels no front wings an no suspension at the mo!! eibach sent me the wrong arb for the front so its all ground to a holt!! bushes should be on and coilovers today but it wont be driven till next week. so if you still wanna go see steve this week i'll have to nick a lift. unless u can handle the power of a 1.1 saxo!!

Yes mate, i still wanna go just to get some prices really. I wont be able to get anything done yet thats for sure as i have spent enough money lately and i still need to get the charger! But i am running the speedlines daily at the min whilst sorting out everything else so catching isnt an issue!

I should hopefully get the majority of the jobs done on my car today but all the tracking etc is going to be way off and i need to try and get it done and MOT'd on friday. So getting over might be a bit difficult!

ok mate no probs, im c less till monday afternoon at the earliest so next week will be better for me at the min anyway!! keep us informed mate

Yeah ok, well it may have to be later on in the day next week as im back at work, but work is pretty flexible so i could leave a bit earlier, about 4 ish.

Well its friday which means my 'mucky mitts' week is over finally! Its been a long, frustrating but very educational and confidence boosting week!

After my last post, which i believe was tuesday so we are now on wednesday, i replaced the passenger side wishbone but left the old ball joint on as i still had the CV boot to do and i only have the type of ball joint splitter that fcuks up the rubber! Replacing the passenger side wishbone took under an hour after tackling the drivers side the day before. But once i done that i tackled the ARB bushes (i am going to do a guide :D) which was a bit of a pig of a job really, taking the old bushes out was easy enough but the trouble came when fitting the new ones, because the clamp that goes round them is a bugger to get on. But i got it done in the end!

Then yesterday (thursday) i set out to change my passenger side CV boot. Well that was an interesting job lets put it that way :lol: Split the ball joint from the wishbone, undone the bolts holding the hub etc to the strut and undone the hub nut so it was ready to remove the driveshaft from the hub ... well in theory maybe yes but would it come off? would it eck! I ended up calling on a near by forum member (Simon69) who was kind enough to come and lend a hand as he is a mechanic :D Even he couldnt believe how tight the damn driveshaft was in so we ended up having to belt it out with a big hammer which ofcourse distorted the end of the shaft, DOH! So we left that until later whilst we continued to remove the CV joint, which with the help of a dead bolt hammer came off fine, Simon then told me that my joint wasnt in very good condition as it had play, but as i needed it ready for its MOT today (friday) i had no choice but to leave it unfortunately (another job for another day :() so we replaced the boot ad packed it with new grease and then put it back together. Then came the interesting part which involved an angle grinder :shock: we had to grind the end of the driveshaft that we had whacked with a hammer down to the closest un-distorted thread so we could get the nut back on, this worked a treat and i would never have known what to do so Simon definately saved the day!!! FInally i got all back together along with my new brakes :D and i was ready for today!

Today came and i went to the garage ready for the MOT, they checked round the main things first and i got told that i needed to get my rear indicators flashing amber as they flash red, DOH! And also my car was too low to get on the ramp!! :lol: luckily they are sound blokes and they didnt have much on so booked me in for a few hours later giving me time to go home, raise it right up (looks gay, see pics!) and try to get my indicators flashing amber. I tried green bulbs etc but nothing worked, so i cut thin strips along the indicator like Kev did and to me this made them shine orange! I took it back, they done the tracking first then continued with the MOT. Everything was fine, they said i had done a great job replacing all the bits underneath etc BUT they still didnt like my fecking indicators :x so in the end i lost them (see pic) :( oh well i will just get some more :D Then they tested the brakes, and the guy came back with a funny expression on his face and said it was driving like a piece of brown stuff that comes out your arse!!! So they tracked it AGAIN and it was WAY out still, the laser wasnt even on the bloody plates :o finally after much fiddling and adusting they got the trackking sorted out, although what they have done is set the camber dead straight so that when i lower i back down again it will settle to about -1 degree.

I paid (ouch!) and then brought her home, and all i can say is WOW!! The car is completely different, it doesnt drive in one way similar to the way it used to, it feels so stiff and tight over all the bumps, the steering is VERY responsive and weighty again and is also no longer easier one way than the other, its perfect!! So overall a stressful week but the results are more than worth it! So now i wanna go out and drive some more :D

Thanks again to Toad for all his help, you are a legend mate! And many thanks for Simon69 for going out of his way to come and help me out, much appreciated mate!

Good news mate... I was just about to pm you to see how you got on!It's a bit frustrating to have to knacker your indicators, but I suppose the main thing is that she's on the road and drives well.

I didn't imagine the driveshaft being anything like that bad to knock out!I guess I've been very lucky in the past. At least it'll be fairly straight forward to replace it when you next get a chance.

Well done on taking the bull by the horns too, it takes some balls to start a job like that when it's your daily driver, hopefully it's given you plenty of confidence for the future.

Hopefully catch you at inters!

So Rob, jobs for tomorrow are drop it again and sling the super-wides back on? (This time maybe not quite so low that it rips up your sidewalls! :shock: )

So Rob, jobs for tomorrow are drop it again and sling the super-wides back on? (This time maybe not quite so low that it rips up your sidewalls! :shock: )

Already dropped it again lol although not as much as the guy at the garage told me to drop it a bit, drive it and let it settle and then drop it more if i want etc so i dont disturb the tracking straight away! As i said though they did pretty much set up the tracking for the drop. I have put it only a bit higher than it was really so still fairly low, just not low enough lol.

And for now i am going to enjoy the car for a bit i think, so leaving the speedies on! They are really nice to drive on and it dont look so bad :lol: i will put the brocks on for inters most probably and then back on speedies until the next show!

Good news mate... I was just about to pm you to see how you got on!It's a bit frustrating to have to knacker your indicators, but I suppose the main thing is that she's on the road and drives well.

I didn't imagine the driveshaft being anything like that bad to knock out!I guess I've been very lucky in the past. At least it'll be fairly straight forward to replace it when you next get a chance.

Well done on taking the bull by the horns too, it takes some balls to start a job like that when it's your daily driver, hopefully it's given you plenty of confidence for the future.

Hopefully catch you at inters!

Yeah im really glad i did take it on mysel, as you say my confidence has MASSIVELY improved so i am really pleased with that!

Even Simon said he had never hada driveshaft so hard to get out, he said it was a bit dodgy and putting it back together was a bit of a bodge job for now, but in time i will replace the joint, hub and bearing so its all good. I also asked the garage if they would mind me using their press and they were fine about it so in the future i will replace all the wheel bearings as well and just get them to press them in and out.

Thanks again for your help though mate, i would of been bit lost half the time without it!!