Sign in to follow this  
toon vw

Brock B2 wheels

sweet wheels mate, look awesome on a rado, have a look in my gallery for pics of mine on some 16's b2's

yep you're right look sweet on your rado & mines aqua blue also!!

any idea about possible archwork with 8.5jx17"? et 35 i think

cheers Andy

Hi mate, bens wheels are now mine :lol:

They are great wheels and look superb on the rado! Only problem i can think of with the ones in the link is the offsets, they should fit fine on the back but the fronts wont fit over your caliper carriers and so you will need to shave some off as i have done. I have et15 on the back which stick out quite a lot and et30 on the front with 3mm spacers making them et27 and i still had to grind the caliper carriers.

EDIT: sorry mate i only just noticed they are 17" so they should fit over your calipers fine, mine are 16's which is why they dont fit.

As for rubbing issues, mine is dropped 40mm and catched quite a lot but that was with them sticking out but now i have rolled my front arches and grinded the rears and they dont catch at all, on standard suspension they shouldnt catch but imo they would look better on a lowered rado.

EDIT AGAIN: Also i forgot to say that mine are 9" wide so 1/2" wider than yours and i have stretched tyres whereas the ones in the link have normal tyres so i think you will get catching.

Rob.

they do look spot on mate...but then again you do have a head start with that colour!!!!

I'm planning on getting mine dropped 40mm i think as i don't want to go daft with it being a daily, but probably not for a month or 2 & will keep my speedlines on in that time...but do you reckon archwork will be imminent with a 40mm drop? what cost for that?

How's the rear reds coming on then...watching with interest :)

Andy

Well like i said mine is lowered 40 and i had a LOT of rubbing and although mine are 9" wide and lower offsets the ones in the link are 17's and still 8.5" wide so i think you will need to get some archwork done, they will certainly rub with people in the car, i couldnt drive mine with someone in the back because the arches were resting on the wheels :lol:

As for my red rears i received my vinyl tints this morning so wil be putting them on tonight :D

Rob.

To be fair, the et35 may still cause issue's fouling the brake caliper because of the design of the spoke. if it does then its not a massive job to grind a bit of the caliper off to aid clearence