Sign in to follow this  
Dubsingh

pinking????

hi all as i previously posted the charger seals had gone so loadz of oil got into the IC and into the inlet.....the car sounded like it was pinking.

i have sorted the seals oit and cleaned the IC out wiv white spirit. afrter running the car today i decided to take a look under the bonnet to check all was ok no more oil leak from banjo ec.....i was reving the car to spot blue smoke and i heard the engine pick as you blip the thorttle...it only happened once....any ideas?

has the oil contamonation buggered some kind of sensor??...its a g60 on a j plate....im guessin early type from the interior......

any other checks i can do ??

Possibly whats left of the white spirit vapour that caused the pinking?

Id run it while listening out for it,and if it continues then start looking into possible causes as i think the knock sensor should pick up on it.

Neil.

hi guys got to cov today and luks like the car is drinking oil major....even after new oil seals the chargers seems to be pissin oil out i thin......and around sparkplug 4 there is oil........

now im concerned that its the rings gone causing the oil consumption....i give up doing the charger and will be sending it to darren when they open again...

and under normal driving there s no sign of oil but when the revs drop the oil light flickers even with oil level topped up.

any one selling a decent second hand engine....think its gonna be to expensive and long stripping it down for a rebuild...i wana enjay the damn thing for the summer...

Damn...doesn't sound too good m8. :(

Definately give it a compression test though,it could possibly show something up.

Can you see where the oil is coming from? Is it the feed line to the charger? It could 'possibly' be the reason for the light coming on!

And it may be worth whipping the sump off and checking the oil pump pick up for crap...It may just be blocked or a tired oil pump.

Neil.

i really do reckon its the charger to be honest.....if oils going in thru the inlet its gona get pushed up lets see what happens