Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

G60 Superchip

Hello everyone, I have just purchased a stage 4 compliant Superchip and ECU from E-bay. As I don't want to damage my engine in any way I need a bit of advice befor installing it! The guy I got it from said I could just plug it in and drive away but I'm not too sure about that. The only modifications to my engine at the moment are sports exhaust with the Cat removed and an induction kit, I have the standard charger and pully. Does anybody know what I would need to do to ensure happy motoring? I have been told by a couple of different people that I may need to upgrade my intercooler and oil cooler? check the boost pressure? take it to a rolling road and check the emmisions under full throttle to make sure it won't run to lean and perhaps install another fuel pump? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

chances are the chip is made to be used with a smaller pulley , you need to know what combo is needed and then make sure the charger is healtly enough to take the extra revs

Steveo29, thanks for your input, I had a feeling that I might have to get a smaller pulley and belt, but was not sure. I have seen them for sale somewhere before but can't seem to find them again, except from the US. I'd rather not risk buying from there. Do you know anything about the 'stage 4 compliant' bit, perhaps I need to upgrade my charger? It was refurbed about 3 years ago so think that its pretty healthy but my engine has now done 188,000 miles! Its still going strong though - I get a top speed of about 140mph (down hill, wind behind me....). This is in preperation to take my car to the nerburg ring in germany, am going with friends and I'll have the slowest car!

stage 4 doesnt mean alot really..differant tuners use differant terms for the state of tune...id expect it to be a chip and 68mm pulley

g werks should be able to sell you a pulley and belt , and it might be worth a chat with them about a check over for your charger as the pulley will spin it faster and it needs to be in top shape, id also suggest you have the fueling checked after its fitted as your chip is unkown

tbh it might not have to have a different pulley, im currently running a standard pulley on my charger with sns chip and red top injectors and it flys.

Just waiting on a 65mm pulley from the states tho