Sign in to follow this  
praise b the LOweReD

removing my sunroof panel

i have to remove my sunroof panel for my painter as my sunroof has ballsed up again and marked the paint..

he says u can remove the interior panel and there are a few bolts that u undo to remove the outter panel

is this true as i be dammed if i can find a way to do it

any help appreciated and sorry if this been done before did use a search but couldnt find what i was lookin for..

andy

Advanced search > "+remov* + sunroof" > search by Exterior Forum > Click return results as threads rather than posts.

If that doesn't answer your question then, as a treat, we'll let Dinkus out of his box for an extra hour tomorrow.

you have to remove the entire roof lining and take the whole mechanism out, then you can get to the screws for the panel, bit of a ballache but shouldnt take more than an ofternoon, getting it lined up when refitting is a righjt pain though

you have to remove the entire roof lining and take the whole mechanism out, then you can get to the screws for the panel, bit of a ballache but shouldnt take more than an ofternoon, getting it lined up when refitting is a righjt pain though

:shock: No you don't

just tilt the roof half way up, pull the lining panel towards the back of the car and it pops off the underside of the roof panel, then you can get at the 4 torx screws, 2 either side to remove the panel, 5 mins work.

:shock: No you don't

just tilt the roof half way up, pull the lining panel towards the back of the car and it pops off the underside of the roof panel, then you can get at the 4 torx screws, 2 either side to remove the panel, 5 mins work.

i stand corrected!!!!

was putting in a whole new mech when i did it and couldnt see the easy way, glad you posted or else hed of been curing me if he found out later :D

ben.. only just seen this after id removed my roof lining... aaaarrrgggghhh... only joking.. bloody fuel pump has gone... so its stuck down garage.. some little kid pushed a pram into the door yesterday and scratched all the paint work.. after some numpty drove ointo the other side in tesco.. im not havin g any luck.. thanks for ur help guys.. appreciated..

ben.. only just seen this after id removed my roof lining... aaaarrrgggghhh... only joking.. bloody fuel pump has gone... so its stuck down garage.. some little kid pushed a pram into the door yesterday and scratched all the paint work.. after some numpty drove ointo the other side in tesco.. im not havin g any luck.. thanks for ur help guys.. appreciated..

lol gutted about the fuel pump and dings mate