Sign in to follow this  
H9 DUB

What wheel offsets you running

Ive got a set of BBS split rims that came off my old 328 BMW and i fancy trying to get them on my rado. I know im going to need to get hub adaptors and have spoken to performance alloys where i got my last set of Porche ones. They say the thinnest set i can get ar 20mm. Now considering the Wheels are et 41, with the adaptors this will make the offset et21. The wheels are 7 1/2 front and 8 1/2 rear and i know the standard VR6 et is 43. Just wanted some opinions as to whether you lot think it will be too much work to make them fit or if they will stick out a mile.

I know a few people are running 9s at the back with 20mm offsets and just wondered how they got on with them?

I realise that the arches will probably need to be rolled and i will need a bit of a stretch on the tyres but i would love to see them on the car, just dont want to waste alot of money if its not worth it!

Could do with your thoughts and ideas please?

PolishedBeemer007.jpg

Common guys someone must be able to shed some light on this. Even if someone is running rims with around a 20mm offset can you tell me the wdth of wheel and what tyre size you are using?

Please :lol:

i ran 8x16 porka rims with et27.5,with 195/45's it was no problem at all lowered decently as well.

So you may just get away with it depending on ride height/tyre choice.

Currently running 9x16 et15's with a little arch rolling and a little rubbing on the worst bumps...

DSC03126.jpg

9 inch rears, ET15, 215/40/16. Rubs on big bumps and it's not that low.

8 inch fronts, about ET20, 195/45/16. No rubbing.

Do you think you would have been better with a 205/45 on the back instead of the 215/40. Do you have any pics of how it looks from the back ie arch clearance, tyre stretch?

i ran 8x16 porka rims with et27.5,with 195/45's it was no problem at all lowered decently as well.

So you may just get away with it depending on ride height/tyre choice.

Currently running 9x16 et15's with a little arch rolling and a little rubbing on the worst bumps...

DSC03126.jpg

What tyres are you running on the back with your 9's mate? any pics would help me alot. Just been out with a measuring tape :lol:

215/40's all round m8 :)

I didn't want any skinnier as firstly i don't understand wide rims with skinny tyres :? :lol: and secondly...i want to feel as safe as possible with my little girl in the car.

piccys here :)

corradoreardisc5mm.jpg

corradoreardisc5mm2.jpg

And with 4.5mm machined off the rear disc...going to get new rear discs and take 6mm off the faces.

corradoreardisc5mm1.jpg

corradoreardisc5mm3.jpg

Hope this helps...Neil.

Cheers Neil. Just saw your post about machining the rear discs. Is it safe enough to do this? and have you noticed any difference?

9 inch rears, ET15, 215/40/16. Rubs on big bumps and it's not that low.

8 inch fronts, about ET20, 195/45/16. No rubbing.

Do you think you would have been better with a 205/45 on the back instead of the 215/40. Do you have any pics of how it looks from the back ie arch clearance, tyre stretch?

Personally 215 is the lowest I would go with 9s, I'm not going to be running that low anyway due to the massive speed bumps round my house :( Still need to get something done with the arches though before my tyres are destroyed.

Cheers Neil. Just saw your post about machining the rear discs. Is it safe enough to do this? and have you noticed any difference?

Id say its safe enough aye :)

Plenty thread still left if you take 6mm off the faces.

I never ran the car with that disc on,just checked how it sat and then removed it as im gonna go for 6mm rather than the 4.5mm in the pics.Plus im going for new discs/wheel bearings/pads etc...

Neil.

Just bought new Black diamond discs for the rear at inters. If you were to machine 6mm off them what would the final offset then be? et 9?