Sign in to follow this  
Rimshot

Tyre stretches

Hi. Just a quickie, wiondering if anyone here has their tyres stretched (so to fit under arches when seriously dropped- for the uninitiated, if there is such a thing on this forum) and if so, do you not fear for your life when you

furkz' are some of the more stretched wheels on the forum...

Yep 195's on a 9" or maybe even 9.5" rim!! :shock:

I ran 215/40/16's on 9" wide rims and i had no problems, i actually prefered the handling as there is NO tyre movement so the car feels planted, but its scary in the wet because there's no give!

I always thought the same as rimshot (rolf at that name :lol: ) and could imagine givin it some round a corner and getting *pop* *pop* *tree*

I always thought the same as rimshot (rolf at that name :lol: ) and could imagine givin it some round a corner and getting *pop* *pop* *tree*

furkz' are some of the more stretched wheels on the forum...

Image6.jpg

their good for 140mph gets a bit twitch going along a long bend after that. tbh they behave better when going round bends has the tyre twists a little and i have more of the tyre face touching the ground.

because of the stretch and canber i have one groove of thread either side (inner and outer) not even touching the ground. so tyres still have bobbles on them after a year ;)

better pic showing some stretch (courtesy of bristolbaron)

764531596_23de671edd.jpg

(bet the purists are gonna love this post)

having been to Belgium and back in Furkz car on some hideous roads, and seeing as they've stayed put for a year, I can't see stretch being as bad as people make out..

i'm going for 205/40/17 on a 9"..

having been to Belgium and back in Furkz car on some hideous roads, and seeing as they've stayed put for a year, I can't see stretch being as bad as people make out..

yep, i think thats the point, everyone can have their view on the looks of them but when the owner of the most stretched tyres anyone knows of hasn't had any trouble then that should show they're not that bad..

what about the 2nd journey when you was sitting just behind me for about 20 mins doing 140mph flat out?

Mine are 195 on an 8'' rim... not overly stretched but look better in real life than they do in the pics! Not sure the choice in tyres is all that good but they were on the rims when I got them and I'm not changing them until they're dead :lol:

Mine are 195 on an 8'' rim... not overly stretched but look better in real life than they do in the pics! Not sure the choice in tyres is all that good but they were on the rims when I got them and I'm not changing them until they're dead :lol:

Do you have another pics of your wheels, ie looking down onto it? As i'm looking to fit a 195 to an 8" rim and would like to see if poss.

Cheers bud

And in Phils second shot down you can see what happens to the rim when you drive on Stretched tyres... Oh yeah it was Claire wasn't it Phil? ;) :lol:

Second shot down is corrosion mate - its the rim in the third pic down that suffered unaviodable curb damage (or so I'm told :roll:) They'll get a refurb over the winter and now that I'm not going to be taking it to any of the shows this year I really don't care all that much - wheels may also be on another car by next summer...

is that a 195/50? :D

what about the 2nd journey when you was sitting just behind me for about 20 mins doing 140mph flat out?

i've been trying to forget that journey! Although the fact my car now has no charger in it is serving as a reminder :lol: damn boost..