Sign in to follow this  
G60SC_Stoney

help gathering parts for OBDII conversion

while i have no great need for my corrado VR6 at the moment, im going to get it converted to OBDII, now the list of bits needed is quite extensive so im hoping to find one car and take all the bits required from it, to save me hunting around various places.

Question is, whats the easiest way to tell if the car will be OBDI or OBDII? did they change over at a certain reg number ??

easiest way to tell is obd11 doesnt use an isv, find a mk3 vr and rob the parts you need off that.

Theres a couple of good how to threds on here to if you use the search mate

Gav

yeah i was kind of hoping for an easier way to check without going and pulling the bonnet of each MK3 VR6 i come across :lol: was there a ceartain year they changed from OBD1 to OBD2?? i.e 95 on?

The 95 on Golf VRs had the 288 brakes as standard so id imagine that ties in with the upgrade. Play it safe and find a final year Mk3 VR which would be an R plate 97 i think (not 100% on that but cant be too hard to find out)..