Sign in to follow this  
cabby-67

NO VOLTAGE AT DIZZY , distributor

Still no spark on my Corrado 90 G60.

Relays work and fuel pump pumps.

Pulled three wires at dizzy. One is voltage, one is ground and one is signal. I have no voltage when keys is on at any of the wires.

Which is the positive voltage wire, how much should be there, when is it there, and where is it coming from?

I think this is where my problem is at, no voltage at the dizzy.

Please help, and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

hi mate, if you look a the dizzy it should be marked up what wire is what. usually the centre pin is the signal and the ones either side are negative and positive. Thats how it is on a valver, not sure if the g60 is the same but worth a try

Does anyone else agree with the dizzy getting its low voltage power to operate the hall sensor from the coil? I know the high voltage of course comes from the coil, but I dont get how the low voltage to one of the three wires also comes from the coil. That does not sound right as the black power wire to the coil + goes into the coil. Then theres the green wire out of the coil - that goes to the ECU probably for the tach, and the only wire left, the red/black wire, of which does not have any continuity to the dizzy at all.

PLEASE HELP and Happy New Year to all.

If you have no voltage @ the dizzy then 1st you need to find out why, so 1st check you have power to the ecu, then check you have power from the ecu to the ignition module(the small black plastic thing in the scuttle on the alloy heatsink), then the coil voltage, i had the same bother on a valver & it was the ignition module that fixed it for me, im not familiar with the g60 wiring but i would imagine the ign. circuit will be much the same & maybe some kind chap from here can tell you what wires to stick the multimeter on to get the appropriate readings

HTH

There is no ignition module on a 90 G60, it runs off of the ecu/ecm. At least that is what the VW Dealer/Mechanic said. I searched high and low for one as the chain parts store said there was one and showed me one, about 3 x 3 inches. I looked and looked and called the VW dealer and they told me there wasnt one, that the ignition operated off of the ECU/ECM.

There is no ignition module on a 90 G60, it runs off of the ecu/ecm. At least that is what the VW Dealer/Mechanic said. I searched high and low for one as the chain parts store said there was one and showed me one, about 3 x 3 inches. I looked and looked and called the VW dealer and they told me there wasnt one, that the ignition operated off of the ECU/ECM.

indeed.