Sign in to follow this  
ProdigalSon

No more Corrado subframes...?

Was in the local VW dealer today and enquired about a replacement Corrado subframe. It turns out that there are none in stock in the UK, none in Germany, and although the factory can make them to order, they are over £300 and manufacturing times can't be offered...

Does this worry anyone? :?

Was in the local VW dealer today and enquired about a replacement Corrado subframe. It turns out that there are none in stock in the UK, none in Germany, and although the factory can make them to order, they are over £300 and manufacturing times can't be offered...

Does this worry anyone? :?

This was already posted up bro, some guy on here had the last one from Germany.

Come over, pick up my crane, whip your 'siddy out and we can freshen up your frame right nice! I doubt it'd be dead, prob just needs some TLC.

IF the subframes are the same as mk2 (can someone confirm?), you've just tripled your possible sources too!

Damn.... maybe we shoulda kept the Jetta for parts? :shock:

IF the subframes are the same as mk2 (can someone confirm?), you've just tripled your possible sources too!

Damn.... maybe we shoulda kept the Jetta for parts? :shock:

Mk II subframes are different unless you get a g60 one but they are just as hard to find and still not available new.

As for the whole stuff on backorder with no timescale for manufacture I am sure VW apply a policy that when enough are ordered they will get a batch made.

According to VAGCat, it doesn't look like the subframes are the same, unless the Golf/Jetta had the same engine, which is OK for 16V (KR and 9A) owners, but doesn't leave a huge number of donor cars for G60 (PG) owners...

ETKA might be more helpful I guess. Wonder if there are other significant weight bearing parts that have gone the same way :scratch:

i ordered one (well, the two pieces and all the blots/bushes etc) came to 441 pounds inc. that was ordered from colbornes guildford on the 17th december, its all there waiting for me to pick up as of two weeks ago, but they are still waiting on one part of the subframe (as said above, on back order from germany) i really do need one as my old one was completly shot around the mounting points and was rusted to hell! ill let you know when i recieve it!

According to VAGCat, it doesn't look like the subframes are the same, unless the Golf/Jetta had the same engine, which is OK for 16V (KR and 9A) owners, but doesn't leave a huge number of donor cars for G60 (PG) owners...

ETKA might be more helpful I guess. Wonder if there are other significant weight bearing parts that have gone the same way :scratch:

The Golf/Jetta 16v subframe is no good for a Corrado despite the presence of the 16v KR unit (which has a smaller diameter flywheel) because its the gearbox mounts that differ.

Yan, is there anything you don't know?

how many fingers am I holding up? :lol:

It's not too hard, bit of digging through ETKA and a full set of VAG workshop manuals and some self study guides means I have a good set of reference material.

Although I do still need a KR mechanical manual as I only have that on microfiche.

Sounds very useful!

I have a copy of the Group A Golf 16v workshop manual. It's quite interesting to read what ignition timing they run, and has a full list of VAG part numbers for cams, valves etc etc etc.

Bit annoyed there isn't a Bentley that covers the KR (as they're American) and me and Prod have the Mk2 and raddo one between us, so a KR mech manual sounds like just the thing!

Hard to get hold of?

The VAG workshop manuals were never intended for use by the general public but I got lucky with some on ebay a while back.

You can download some manuals via erwin but it costs an annual fee and they dont cover a lot of corrado stuff and the KR lump is not featured.

Haynes mk 2 Golf manual covers some bits and the KR electrical engine workshop manual covers the ECU sensor aspects (Although not as well as you might think)

Group A manual sounds interesting though.

The VAG workshop manuals were never intended for use by the general public but I got lucky with some on ebay a while back.

You can download some manuals via erwin but it costs an annual fee and they dont cover a lot of corrado stuff and the KR lump is not featured.

Haynes mk 2 Golf manual covers some bits and the KR electrical engine workshop manual covers the ECU sensor aspects (Although not as well as you might think)

Group A manual sounds interesting though.

Might scan the Gp A in when I have some free time, and bung it up.

mine's a photocopy, but will see how well it scans.

If it scans OK, I can supervectorate™ it so that it isn't several Gigabytes in size... Will output a PDF with maximum zoom capability.