Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Wheel ppl, need help sharpish

Ok, im having an ongoing problem with my wheels.

They're 16x8 with an offset of 36, but they're 5x100 and my valver is obviously 4x100, so i need to get them to fit. I was simply going to buy some adapters, but ive been told that an offset of 16 will be fine at the rear, but not at the front.

So what i basically need are some pictures of 8" front wheels with an offset of 16ish, so i can see what im working with.

Please help me out as im hoping to order everything tonight before i go away this weekend.

my 9j borbets are et 15 and they dont stick out far at all, i suppose with the measurments you quote they will be very simmilar, not my greatest ever photograph! but it gives an idea of the "poke" you get, your allowed upto 30mm as long as the tread pattern is under where the arch edge comes to, to remain legal

IMG_0301.jpg

Im no offset geek but you should be fine fella, my fronts are 9s with et 18 yours are 8s with et 15, so mine are an inch wider and stick out 3mm more.

the only rolling my front arches have received is what ive managed to bend with my fingers.... You shouldnt have a problem

2006_1005stonerpark20080033.jpg

would it not be better to fit some 5x100 hubs then the problems solved, no expense on adaptors and your wheel bearings are still cool 8)

would it not be better to fit some 5x100 hubs then the problems solved, no expense on adaptors and your wheel bearings are still cool 8)

Fitting VR hubs is more expensive than people think, as there is two ways of doing it, the easy way, and the right way, i'd rather do it the right way when time allows. The reason im going for adapters is because im goin away on Tues until the 25th, and the car needs to be done for E38, so its really down to a time constraint now, so it looks like adapters will be the solution for now.