Sign in to follow this  
rattyblackbugdude

oil light flashing,,,,

i've just picked up a 16v, and the oil light is pissing me right off...... i have changed all the sensors and still have this problem... so i went a step further and replaced the oil pump for good measure... and it's still flashing away :confused4:

does anyone know what theproblem might be.. i can't believe for one minute i am the only person on here that has had this problem before..

any help/advise very welcome...

cheers in advance..

jamie :gag:

under what conditions does it start to flash and beep?

is it intermittent or constant?

No your not the first as the search button will prove.

:)

well it flashes all the time no matter what................

it only buzz's very rarely, but i changed the pump to rectify this it had done 148k so no harm in fitting a new pump.

I pulled the yellow wire off the sensor today before i drove to work and no flashing light.. and the oil temp still worked on my MFA. i can live with this if it's not gonna cause me problem...

does anybody have a veiw point on what i have done... or on the effecs that not having the wire connected will cause.

thanks

jamie.

The light is your oil pressure warning so id suggest getting the pressure checked to confirm its not the problem!

If the buzzer tends to sound under heavy cornering you need to check your oil level!

when i had an oil pressure problem ther was no grumbles from the engine at all and it still pulled like a train, only when the garage pulled the sump off they found a sheared main bearing!

Not a good idea to just disconnect the sender to try to solve the issue!

Try a new oil pressure switch. there are 2 on a valver - operating at different pressures. I had a similar problem - to check the oil pressure - bought an oil pressure gauge (£20)and fitted it to the top of the filter - just to make sure the oil pressure was OK. Obviously it was!

Morning Guys & Gals

I'm still gettin grief off my rado :(

ok,

to recap:

I have replaced both oil pressure sensors

I have replaced the oil pump

I have also had the oil pressure tested - test results good.

my kind friends at a garage near me tested the oil pressure and they told me it was ample for a car that has done 148k miles.

i drove the the rado all weekend and the buzzing happened again last night on the way home from a friends.... i am driving the rado normally i had a bit of dual carridge and some A roads but i wasn't gunning it at all.... i'm driving in a straight line about 70ish and the buzzer churps up for 3 seconds and goes off again... 10 mins later goes off for 20 seconds then stops and starts again....

it's really peeing me off and i want the buzzing to stop i don't want the drive thinking is the thing gonna blow up on me, it's so confussing the engine is running sweet and i have just given it a FULL service.... Set the CO whist at my friends garage and the HC readings were brilliant...

I can't get the thought out of my head that the problem is electrical, or the buzzer have developed a mind of it's own....

I am clutching at straws now.... Any help will be very grateful.....

Many Thanks

Jamie..

might be better just to get a cheapo pipe fed oil pressure guage (can get them for less than 20 quid on ebay) it doesnt need to be perfectly accurate but it will show if there is a dip in the oil pressure when the buzzer sounds, it's always a good idea to have a proper oil pressure guage anyway.

Are you sure your dipstick is correct for the car and has the correct plastic tube on the end of the dipstick tube, if it doesn't the oil level may be incorrect.