Kev_VR6

New Cill Covers

I'm jealous now as I look out the window at my flash red VR with pink door mirrors haha.

That is a CHEAP price !

Ive been getting prices for mine,windows out,two new wings put on (i supplied) bumpers off,

in the region of £3k - £3.5k

your work looks very thorough,keep us posted with lots of pics.

Hi guys,

The bodyshop have informed me they are likely to break the plastic trim if they attempt to remove it for the respray and have asked me to supply replacements.

Rang the dealers to check availability and wouldn't you know it, they're obsolete.Couple of people have said they've had success removing their own but they changed from early to late - late ones being much thinner and more awkward to remove.

Just wondering what people think I should do - have them masked off and sprayed up to the trim or have a go at removing them at the (apparent high) risk of damaging without being able to replace any time soon?

Has this been a common problem for people having resprays before?

Thanks

Hats off. I wish I had the time, money, knowledge, skill and dedication of some people on this forum.

try taking them off very very very carefully, if they do break you could replace them with some stainless ones like the ones that DDI sell.here ya go mate http://www.dubdesignindustries.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=69_75_80
Thanks Kad that's the best option I think.Cheers for the link mate. Bit pricey but they do look ace and hopefully my original ones will survive.

Hats off. I wish I had the time, money, knowledge, skill and dedication of some people on this forum.
Thanks mate.That's the great thing about this forum - there's always people willing to help you out I've learnt so much over the last year because of all the problems I've had to overcome with the car. But I'd sooner do without the knowledge and own a trouble free corrado, if such a thing exists lol

Kev,get yourself back on here -

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_act_page.render_pageID_916_lang_EN_country_GB.htm

when you put the part number in you have to put a "C" in front of the part number !

they have them,about £25 each, part number C535853813

another tip,if you check here -

http://www.vw-classicparts.de/

and they have stock,Heritage (link above) can get them

Got 'Em!

Thanks for showing me the way mate. Really good tip - I've saved those sites to my favourites.

I just did a general search for 'corrado' and only 13 items showed up but these werent there. Would have been so much easier with the part number. I really must get hold of ETKA.

Got myself a MK 4 Golf 4 Motion to replace the Focus as my daily.

It's Black, 3 door,and overall is in very good condition - every panel is super straight and I can tell it's been well looked after.

It's a 2001 model and is all standard for now - no big plans to change much really as its a huge upgrade as it is.

Here are some pics after a wash and a wax...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47911[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47912[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47913[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47914[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47915[/ATTACH]

The wheel caps are the only let down really, suffering from the usual corrosion, but soon to be replaced...

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Kev

Thanks Jim!

It drives great. Took it for the test drive in the rain and I couldn't believe the grip it had.

I like the subtle looks too - it's been de-badged so it doesn't look anything special but it has left a few chancers in their Corsa's and Saxo's eating its dust lol

Going to be in the market for a daily barge soon (next month or so hopefully) and a Golf or Bora V6 4Motion was one of the many cars that were running through my mind as a possibility... mind if I ask what it set you back?

I gave £2800 for it off a guy I know who owns a service station called Volksmaster. They know everything about VWs so I didn't mind paying slightly more than the average asking price for similar age ones for sale. He'd just done a load of work on it to make it near mint so I've picked up a bit of a bargain I think. I knocked him down from £3k but only cause he knows he'll still make on the car when I get it serviced etc.

Seems pretty fair. I'll be looking in the £2k price range but am staggered at what you can buy for that sort of money!

Well I was looking at the GT TDi's but they seem to be going for silly money - because of the cheaper running costs. But I decided I'd go for the 4Motion because what I save on purchase I can spend at the pumps and have a more enjoyable daily drive. I don't do enough miles to make enough of a saving to own a diesel so this was actually the sensible option lol

Been waiting ages but fianlly had the phone call today to say the car is ready :dance:

Gonna pick it up tomorrow afternoon. I'll get some pics up soon as i can.

Kev

Excellent news, is it all built up ready to go or will you have some more work to do? Look forward to seeing it, hope you are pleased with the results.

Sorry it's taken me so long - I was working Friday night and had a wedding to go to yesterday which I'm still recovering from.

Gareth, they built it all back up for me so all I've got to do is give the inside a good clean.

Here it is when I picked it up (phone camera so apologies for poor lighting)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48279[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48280[/ATTACH]

Took it home and gave it a quick wash and wax

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48281[/ATTACH]

Here are a few close ups of specific things Ive changed

Glass sunroof

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48282[/ATTACH]

New roof strips

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48283[/ATTACH]

Colour coded handles and new door scrapers (and side mouldings removed)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48284[/ATTACH]

Colour coded grille

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48285[/ATTACH]

And lastly, all red rears and goss black number plate panel

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48286[/ATTACH]

Overall I'm very happy with the work they've done. They did have the car for well over a month but I can't complain as they have done such a good job. It was well worth the wait!

They even masked off everything underneath so there is no overspray anywhere.

Let me know if you like or dislike the changes

Cheers,

Kev

Edited by Kev_VR6