Sign in to follow this  
sprinterVR6

any strange 'raddo habits.....?

Ignition ON, and switch off the climatronic (yes it automatically turns itself on, don't know why)

Scared of the oil light flashing (that's normal, but still scares me :lol:)

Same, with battery light

Crank and pray for the engine starting up at the first attempt with no more than 2 - 3 turns (specially if there's people arround :norty: )

push door pins down (I've seen, maybe, too many things in my street :ignore: )

Select Oil temp on MFA, and wait until it is up to 50ºC, then start driving it, carefully, without going over 2000 until oil hits 90ºC

a) On the motorway, keep speed up to 115K-h (70MPh?) so that the spoiler doesn't go up, until take-off time :grin:

b) in the city, sometimes raise the spoiler by the switch in order to see the one behind my car's face :norty: :norty: :norty: then try to put my arm on the steering wheel so that no-one notices that I've raised the spoiler by the switch :nuts:

after A or B, look at the tailgate when I stop in a set of lights so I can see the people's face if they ever notice that the spoiler is moving

Paranoid habits:

-hearing any PII PIIII from out of the car, and instantaneously looking at the oil pressure light buzzer

-if anything smells like fire or burnt plastic (even if I see that there's a fire at 50m of my car) I think that my car is on fire and quickly switch off the stereo, lower down the speed and try to find any shortcircuits :norty:

-same as above, but with noises. Any cr4ppy diesel car next to me, makes me think that something sounds bad in my engine bay

-push headlight switch slowly so that both hid bulbs turn on

and I'm going to stop typing as I could write a bible right now about how this car has made me go mad :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: ...

yeah i wait until the water temp starts rising, then i know i can change my mfa to oil temp and it will be over 50. Then i wait for when i can boot it, whilst also checking the petrol and wallet! payday the car always gets thrashed as well, later in the month i poodle round :lol:

Ignition ON, and switch off the climatronic (yes it automatically turns itself on, don't know why)

Scared of the oil light flashing (that's normal, but still scares me :lol:)

Same, with battery light

Crank and pray for the engine starting up at the first attempt with no more than 2 - 3 turns (specially if there's people arround :norty: )

push door pins down (I've seen, maybe, too many things in my street :ignore: )

Select Oil temp on MFA, and wait until it is up to 50ºC, then start driving it, carefully, without going over 2000 until oil hits 90ºC

a) On the motorway, keep speed up to 115K-h (70MPh?) so that the spoiler doesn't go up, until take-off time :grin:

b) in the city, sometimes raise the spoiler by the switch in order to see the one behind my car's face :norty: :norty: :norty: then try to put my arm on the steering wheel so that no-one notices that I've raised the spoiler by the switch :nuts:

after A or B, look at the tailgate when I stop in a set of lights so I can see the people's face if they ever notice that the spoiler is moving

Paranoid habits:

-hearing any PII PIIII from out of the car, and instantaneously looking at the oil pressure light buzzer

-if anything smells like fire or burnt plastic (even if I see that there's a fire at 50m of my car) I think that my car is on fire and quickly switch off the stereo, lower down the speed and try to find any shortcircuits :norty:

-same as above, but with noises. Any cr4ppy diesel car next to me, makes me think that something sounds bad in my engine bay

-push headlight switch slowly so that both hid bulbs turn on

and I'm going to stop typing as I could write a bible right now about how this car has made me go mad :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: ...

see, I knew this post would back full circle! - above is EXACTLY me too mr krnau. Spooky. But very reassuring! :lol:

see, I knew this post would back full circle! - above is EXACTLY me too mr krnau. Spooky. But very reassuring! :lol:

it looks like these are common rado habits / paranoids :lol:

I also had the driver's side floor mat checking so that it's all the way back, and I fixed it by adding some velcro to it :notworthy:

it looks like these are common rado habits / paranoids :lol:

I also had the driver's side floor mat checking so that it's all the way back, and I fixed it by adding some velcro to it :notworthy:

Velcro eh? good call that.

But, as I remove the mat to slap it clean :confused4: so often, I'm best leave'n it as is :lol:

to quote that bonkers couple of the Catherine Tate show.....''what are we like eh''!!