Sign in to follow this  
VWVW

What are these parts on a VR6

Had a bit of a nose around in the engine bay today and noticed part A and B were a bit oily. Just wondered what is the function of part A and B circled in the picture on a VR6.

Part B aslo had a slight oil drip onto where the arrow is pointing.

cheers

DSCF0643.JPG[/attachment:2itlaqjn]

A is a plug for something that isn't actually fitted int he UK, the thing it plugs into is a blank.

B is the PCV valve, loaads of threads on it, have a search. :)

A) Its a dummy. :lol: In cold climate areas, the part is a heater (N79) for the crankcase breather pipe. Presumably some icing was expereinced. If you uncouple the connector, you'll find there are no contacts in the pipe unit.

B) Crank case breather restrictor, the principle being fumes flow ino the intake but not air into the crankcase.

Looks like the PCV or it's pipework is leaking. Cheaper to get these parts from Ford if you need them- same as Galaxy V6 ;)

although the US corrado had the pcv replaced with a straight pipe, so i dont know whether it made that much difference.

The restriction is not that much that its a block. More it flows more one way than the other.

Thanks for the reply guys...Knowledge base in here is amazing :)

A) Its a dummy. In cold climate areas, the part is a heater (N79) for the crankcase breather pipe. Presumably some icing was expereinced. If you uncouple the connector, you'll find there are no contacts in the pipe unit

Learn something new one less part to worry about :)

by CazzaVR » Yesterday, 7:23 pm

Looks like the PCV or it's pipework is leaking. Cheaper to get these parts from Ford if you need them- same as Galaxy V6

Thanks for the tip will see how much ford charge for this Part compared to VW

Thanks for the reply guys...Knowledge base in here is amazing :)

A) Its a dummy. In cold climate areas, the part is a heater (N79) for the crankcase breather pipe. Presumably some icing was expereinced. If you uncouple the connector, you'll find there are no contacts in the pipe unit

Learn something new one less part to worry about :)

by CazzaVR » Yesterday, 7:23 pm

Looks like the PCV or it's pipework is leaking. Cheaper to get these parts from Ford if you need them- same as Galaxy V6

Thanks for the tip will see how much ford charge for this Part compared to VW[/quote:311a3don]

I recently (month ago) had to change mine - it was cheaper from VW than from Ford. I've got the part no for VW somewhere, if you need it. IIRC if you ask for the bit from VW for the Corrado, they'll supply all the hose bits as well - there was a post on here somewhere that had the part no. for just this valvey bit. I can look at the receipt if you need the part no.

They did have to order it from Germany for me though!

That's good to know that your dealer did that. As you say, they usually try to sell you the whole intake piping which comes in at around £100! :shock: From Ford it's £34 for the PCV.

That's good to know that your dealer did that. As you say, they usually try to sell you the whole intake piping which comes in at around £100! :shock: From Ford it's £34 for the PCV.

Sorry Cazza - that's what I meant :oops: - if you ask for the pcv for the 'rado, VW will only quote you for the whole piece inc pipework :shock: .

If you ask for: V7M0 128 101 you can get just the valve part. Price £29.57 inc 10% discount, but they had to order it in.

Ford's were a bit reluctant to give me the bit without a registration number, and they are more expensive anyway!!

If you ask for: V7M0 128 101 you can get just the valve part. Price £29.57 inc 10% discount, but they had to order it in.

Thanks for that part number good to know you can just get the PCV on its own and cheaper from VW.

Not sure if its the pipework itself or the PCV that is causing the slight leak will have a proper look in the weekends