Sign in to follow this  
sixpotter

Pondering e36 M3

Keep thinking even though I've ploughed a lot of money in to the Corrado that one of these is just better from the off. pre 95 3.0 one is about 280bp RWD A/C And though e36's are kinda chavvy they are a ridiculous bargain, I now actually prefer the saloon m3 too which can be had in 3.0 guise for £3k...

Has anyone else made this jump, I know a few of you have had your BMW moments!

Had an e30 325i cab and an e34 525i 24v ... both I loved but the Corrado is that bit more special, will I regret it? Hmm :D

Had first m3 at 24

Dakar yellow 3.0 24v pretty basic trim but was lovely like anything I spent some cash and put on eibach anti roll bars and eibach lowering springs had bilstein dampers as standard iirc .....lowerd it about 40 mm was absolutely awesome solid as a rock at 172mph

If insets to buy one again I would without a shadow of a doubt go for the Evo 3.2 vader leather....nice 6 speed box better allrounder......

I would steer well clear of an M3 at 3k - it will be an absolute money pit - 5k will get a good example, one at 3k will be false economy.

I looked at a few (6) before I bought the 328i and realised that the budget I had (5k) would not get me what I wanted (a very, very good example)

I would have one definatley, a friend owned one a couple of years back and it was stonking! Got a E36 328i Sport now and thats a great car too

I must have been a little delirious at the end of my night shift... Do think they are a bargain even at £4-5k but the Corrado is a much rarer sight and insured on a classic policy etc etc I am going to stick some cams in it and get the chains done and get it mapped. I know where I am with it and it owes me nothing...

Maybe I'll get the GF in an old M3 and insure myself on it :D