Sign in to follow this  
bsvr6

Fixing a very loose drivers door handle...

I have a '94 'rado vr and the drivers door handle is nearly coming off, it is still joined at the door skin at either end, just in the middle its on its way off and the large black gasket is hanging down. The operation of the handle still opens the door but I have to push the section of the handle that has the keyhole forcefully against the door so it can open (it has had the keyhole smoothed mod). I obviously want to fix this as sometimes it fails to open and I have to open the door from the passenger side. That and i have to slam the door to close it and when it does it sounds extremely clunky and loud! Any help would be greatly appreciated as far as pointing me in right way to part suppliers, guidelines to fix it etc.... :scratch: cheers

ben

Have you checked the white clasp that locates the centre part of the handle to the door is still there and not dropped off or broke?

Paul

Ah right thanks

Its hard to tell really I cant quite see to the other side of the handle but I cant see anything that looks like that white clasp that might be there atm..? Now though the other part of the handle is on its way off! ..just held on by the outer edge. the mechanism just about works.. Would I need to get a new large black gasket to seal the handle to the door once i do fix it? as it appears it has lost all of the adhesive?

My door handle was slightly loose and sometimes hard to open with the key turned out it was the bolt that had come loose (reverse thread bolt)

If you take the door to handle screw out (i think yours is left hand thread) you will be able to see if clip is there !

Not sure if gasket is supposed to be sticky or not !

mine`s not :|

Is the reverse thread bolt the same thing as the door to handle screw?! :lol: sorry excuse my naivety im pap with cars. Il have a look n post again if I get stuck cheers, but if anyone else can shed some light on it please do

Is the reverse thread bolt the same thing as the door to handle screw?! :lol: sorry excuse my naivety im pap with cars. Il have a look n post again if I get stuck cheers, but if anyone else can shed some light on it please do

YES

Yeah same thing